No gluten, no dairy, and no refined sugar. This Basic Banana Bread will have you going bananas for another slice!
There is just something magical about banana bread. That warm, comforting feeling of digging into a freshly baked loaf- that’s really hard to top. It basically takes all of my self-control to not eat a whole loaf in one sitting. I used to find it was really hard to find a good gluten free banana bread. Most I would make would be crumbly and grainy (gross!). This loaf right here hits the spot, it is soft, melts in your mouth, and has zero grainy texture!
The recipe is simple and you’ll fool whoever you bake it for into thinking that it is gluten-packed, because you really can’t tell the difference. The best part too is that the only added sugar is maple syrup (only 2 tablespoons!). So that’s pretty great.
This Basic Banana Bread is not only Picky Husband Approved, but I also got the thumbs up from my cutesy 2-year-old niece. And let’s be honest, as a kid, she is probably my toughest critic!
Well, what are you waiting for? If you have 3 ripe bananas you’re basically halfway there. ♥
Basic Banana Bread
serves 8-10 | time to make: ~60 minutes
- 3 overly ripe BANANAS
- 2 EGGS
- 3 tablespoons COCONUT OIL (melted + cooled)
- 2 tablespoons MAPLE SYRUP
- 1 teaspoon VANILLA
- 1 cup ALMOND FLOUR
- 1 cup OAT FLOUR
- 1 teaspoon BAKING SODA
- 1 teaspoon BAKING POWDER
- 1 teaspoon CINNAMON
- 1/4 teaspoon NUTMEG
- 1/4 teaspoon SEA SALT
- optional add-ins: pecans, chocolate chips, shredded coconut.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a loaf pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Melt coconut oil over low heat, and then set aside to cool.
- Mix together all the dry ingredients in one bowl. (If making your own oat flour, measure out 1 cup of oats, and process in a food processor until it is a flour consistency).
- Mash bananas with a fork or pulse in a food processor. Add the rest of the wet ingredients to the bananas, and combine together.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients.
- Transfer batter to the lined loaf pan. Option to top the banana bread with a banana, chocolate chips, pecans, or coconut.
- Bake in the oven for 30-35 minutes. Check after 30 minutes (mine took 32 minutes). Test with a toothpick, if it comes out clean you are good!
- Let banana bread cool in the loaf pan for 10 minutes, then remove and place on a cooling rack for 15 minutes.
notes: if you like your banana bread extra sweet I would suggest adding in one more tablespoon of maple syrup. But I personally found this bread to be the perfect amount of sweetness with the bananas and the 2 tablespoons of maple syrup already in it.