Cozy up by the fire with this homemade eggnog latte. Start by making the vegan eggnog from scratch and then go on to froth up your favourite plant-based milk, maybe add a shot of espresso and definitely top it all with lots and lots of coconut whip. This dairy free eggnog has the perfect balance of warm spices and sweetness. The creaminess comes from the coconut milk which is slightly thinned out by the other plant-based milk resulting in the perfect consistency. This eggnog latte is going to be on repeat this winter, I just know it.
Why You’ll Love Starbucks Copycat Eggnog Latte
- Creamy. The full-fat coconut milk in this recipe makes for a creamy and smooth drink.
- Minimal Ingredients. This eggnog uses only 7 ingredients. And the latte uses 10.
- Less Expensive Than Starbucks. Making anything from home is cheaper. So in a season where we typically spend a little more, make your eggnog latte from home. You won’t be disappointed.
- Time. This holiday nog takes barely any time to make. 10 minutes tops!
How To Make A Dairy Free Eggnog Latte
This homemade dairy-free eggnog only takes 10 minutes to make. Start by preparing your vegan eggnog and then finish by adding a shot of espresso, frothy milk and coconut whip. It’s quite simple and quite delicious to cozy up by the fire with. I wouldn’t suggest subbing the coconut milk because that is what will give this eggnog the creamy component. The additional plant-based milk that you use shouldn’t make much of a difference, that is just personal preference. My go-to is typically soy milk. Here is the breakdown of how to make a dairy free eggnog latte:
- Add the coconut milk, additional plant-based milk, maple syrup, spice and vanilla to a blender to mix.
- Add the mixture to a small pot and heat over medium-low heat.
- Once warm, add espresso or strong coffee, if using. This recipe is also great without the coffee.
- Froth additional milk.
- Divide the holiday nog into two glasses, top with the frothy milk, coconut whip and maybe a sprinkle of cinnamon.
Ingredients For Holiday Nog
This dairy free eggnog latte uses 7-9 ingredients. And you most likely already have them in your pantry!
- Full Fat Coconut Milk (Thai Kitchen is my favourite brand)
- Additional Soy Milk (or the plant-based milk you prefer)
- Maple Syrup
- Spices (cinnamon, nutmeg, cardamon)
- Barista Blend Milk (Earth’s Own is my go-to)
- Espresso (optional)
- Coconut Whip (optional)
Vegan Drinks To Enjoy This Holiday Season
- 1 14 oz can of full fat coconut milk
- 2 cups soy milk
- 4 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- pinch of cardamon
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4-1/2 cup milk to froth (Earth's Own Barista Blend)
- 1 shot espresso (optional)
- coconut whip to top
- Add all the vegan eggnog ingredients to a blender and blend until mixed.
- Add the eggnog to a small pot and heat over medium-low heat until warm.
- Add 1-2 shots of espresso (optional).
- If you have a milk frother, froth 1/4-1/2 cup of barista blend plant-based milk.
- Divide the eggnog between two glasses and top with plant-based milk and coconut whip.