If you’ve read my other blog posts, you’ll notice that I love a good energy bite. U
These bites are easy to throw together and I’ve even created a little glaze if you want to make your bites all fancy. They kind of become more like a Carrot Cake Timbit once you add the glaze, and really there is no turning back.
Well, enough about my tastebuds and what they don’t like. Basically these carrot cake bites made me feel all happy inside and I wanted to share them with ya. Spreading happiness around the world, one energy bite at a time.
carrot cake bites
makes: 18-20 time to make: 20 minutes
- 1 cup MEDJOOL DATES
- 1/2 cup RAW CASHEWS
- 1/2 cup PECANS
- 1/2 cup SHREDDED COCONUT
- 1 cup SHREDDED CARROT (about 1 carrot)
- 1/2 cup COCONUT FLOUR
- 1/2 teaspoon CINNAMON
- 1/2 teaspoon NUTMEG
- 1/4 teaspoon SEA SALT
- 1/4 teaspoon GINGER
- 1 teaspoon LEMON ZEST (omit if you are making the glaze)
- 2 tablespoons COCONUT OIL (melted)
- 2 tablespoons MAPLE SYRUP
- 1/2 teaspoon VANILLA
- 1/2 teaspoon LEMON ZEST
- 1-2 tablespoons COCONUT CREAM (the thick white cream from a can of full fat coconut milk- save the rest for your smoothies!)
- Combine all ingredients for the carrot cake
mixturetogether in a food processor. Process until well combined,should be sticky but forms and holds nicely together when rolled into balls. If the batter is too sticky, add more coconut flour- a little at a time.
- Roll into ~18-20 balls and place in the fridge to set.
- Meanwhile, prepare the glaze. Add the coconut oil to a pan on medium-low heat. Once melted remove from the stove and add the rest of the glaze ingredients. Whisk until smooth.
- Remove the carrot cake bites from the fridge and dip them into the glaze, one at a time. Place on a lined plate and put the bites back in the fridge, once they have been dipped. You can also roll the bites into coconut or pieces of nuts. Continue dipping all the bites into the glaze and then placing them in the fridge. (FYI the bites are great without the glaze too- so the choice is totally up to you).
- Store in the fridge and enjoy!