Needless to say, my Picky Husband is OBSESSED with this cashew dip. He kept asking for more, and had no problems polishing off a bowl completely to himself (cue shocked face). He gobbled it up barely stopping to breathe. SO I think that explains how popular this was in my home…
Pip wasn’t as obsessed with this dip as Adam was but he did feel the need to climb all over my photo set up. Pip got overly involved and had to sniff everything and give his approval. It was pretty funny but also a little ridiculous. The amount of cat hair we probably unknowingly consume is a little worrisome… good thing we love the little guy.
I suggest omitting the cat hair from your cashew dip if you want to avoid any awkwardness at your next dinner party. But cat hair aside, start your 2019 off right with this creamy goodness. Just do it.
Vegan Cashew Dip
- 1 cup raw cashews (soaked overnight or for 1 hour before using them in boiling hot water)
- 1 head garlic (roasted-see instructions)
- 1 tsp oil (to drizzle over roasted garlic)
- 1 tbsp miso paste
- 1/2 lemon (juiced) (~2 tbsp)
- 5 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp fresh dill
- 3 tbsp nutritional yeast
- salt and pepper to taste
- Soak the cashews overnight in a bowl of water (so the cashews are covered completely with water).
- Preheat the oven to 400F. Chop the top of the garlic off (so you can see the top of the garlic cloves). Leave the skin on. Drizzle the exposed garlic top with 1 teaspoon of oil (I used Avocado Oil). Wrap the garlic in foil and then bake in the oven for 40 minutes- until the cloves are soft.
- Let the garlic cool, then squeeze out the garlic cloves from it’s surrounding shell.
- Drain the water from the cashew’s bowl. Add all the ingredients to a high-speed blender. Blend until smooth, scraping the sides as you go.
- Once smooth, refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving. Store leftovers in the fridge.