PEANUT BUTTER + COCONUT + CHOCOLATE = HEAVEN.
These flavours when combined together are GOLD. You really can’t go wrong, unless you don’t like peanut butter, and if that’s your deal… I don’t really know where to start. Basically, you need these Chocolate Peanut Butter Balls in your life.
But MOVING ON.
I take these Chocolate Peanut Butter Balls everywhere I go. They are so easy to throw in a container and pull out of your bag when you feel the itching pulls of a hangry tantrum coming on.
Addie knows that he needs to constantly have snacks in his pockets when we are out and about as I do find I need to eat quite often throughout the day- so these truly have saved the day more than a handful of times! These are clearly PICKY HUSBAND APPROVED mainly because they keep me sane, but Adam’s also been known to sneak these bites a time or two for himself.
I hope you enjoy these bites! And they save you from any hangry meltdowns.
chocolate peanut butter balls
- 3 tablespoons CACAO
- 1/2 cup PEANUT BUTTER
- 1/4 cup COCONUT FLOUR
- 10 MEDJOOL DATES (pit removed)
- 1/2 teaspoon CINNAMON
- 1/4 teaspoon SEA SALT
- 1 teaspoon VANILLA
- 2 tablespoons MAPLE SYRUP
- 1 tablespoon FLAX MEAL
- 1/4 cup UNSWEETENED SHREDDED COCONUT (for rolling)
- Remove the pits from the dates, and combine in a food processor until a batter forms.
- Add the rest of the ingredients into the food processor with the dates, and mix until a dough forms
- Form balls with hands (tablespoon amount of dough.)
- Place the shredded coconut in a bowl, and roll the balls in the coconut and place in a container. Once all balls have been rolled in the coconut, pop them in the freezer for ~20 minutes.
- Keep bites stored in a sealed container in the fridge or freezer.
They look amazing. Can’t wait to make them!