HO HO HO, amazing Gingerbread Granola is here! The perfect snack or breakfast to get you in the holiday spirit!
I like my granola broken into large pieces, so I made this gingerbread granola extra chunky! Big pieces, perfectly sweet, Picky Husband Approved, with gorgeous flavours of ginger, cinnamon, and molasses.
I’ve been nibbling on this granola for the last week and I have to say it is completely addicting. I’ve been munching on it just as it is, but it’s also pretty great with coconut yogurt, and topped with lots of fruit!
OK, you should probably get baking in your kitchen right away because you are going to want this for breakfast tomorrow, and the day after that and the day after that…
- 3 cups OATS
- 1/4 cup COCONUT SUGAR
- 1/4 teaspoon SEA SALT
- 1 teaspoon CINNAMON
- 3/4 teaspoon GINGER
- 3 tablespoons GROUND FLAX
- 1 1/2 cups mixed NUTS (I used pecans, sunflower seeds and macadamia nuts)
- 1/3 cup + 2 tablespoons MAPLE SYRUP
- 1/4 cup COCONUT OIL (melted)
- 1 tablespoon MOLASSES
- 1 teaspoon VANILLA
- Preheat the oven to 300F.
- Add the dry ingredients together and mix.
- Melt the coconut oil and then add all the wet ingredients together.
- Add wet mixture (molasses, coconut oil, vanilla and maple syrup ) to the oat mixture.
- Toss until evenly covered.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, pour the granola mixture on the sheet. Then firmly press the granola down, so it is packed tightly together. This is what will help the granola be extra chunky!
- Bake for 30-40 minutes- turn the tray at 20 minutes. Check after the thirty-minute mark, granola should look golden but not too dark.
- Important to let it cool for at least 10 minutes. Once cooled you can break up the pieces into whatever size you want your granola to be!
If you are looking for some more holiday treats, check out my ginger cookies