Spring is for sure in the air over here in the Okanagan, and I could not be happier. It got up to 20°C yesterday! I’m so tired of gloomy, winter days, and so ready for outdoor markets, hikes, and beach days! And I can’t forget about patio season. Sitting outside enjoying quality time with friends, the sun shining, and a BIG BOWL of Mango Guacamole right in front of you. Don’t worry, I’ve got you covered with the guac. This healthy guacamole recipe only uses 6 ingredients, it’s creamy, tropical and so simple to make. It’s a vegan dip that needs to be a staple in your kitchen, at least in the spring and summer! It doesn’t disappoint!
Why You’ll Love This Healthy Guacamole Recipe
- It takes all of 15 minutes to make this mango guacamole. So when you are in need of an epic vegan dip at a moments notice, this guac has your back.
- You only need 6 ingredients to make this healthy guacamole recipe. Simple ingredients that are easy to find!
- This mango guacamole is so easy to make. It’s cream, slightly sweet and has a hint of spice. This easy homemade guacamole will have you feeling like you are at a taqueria in Mexico.
- The mango is the best addition. It beautifully compliments the avocado and seasonings. It adds the perfect amount of sweetness to an already delicious bowl of guacamole.
How to make Mango Guacamole
Adam is funny because he doesn’t like avocados when they are sliced but he will go bonkers for some mango guacamole. So this dish is obviously Picky Husband Approved. I’ll be honest, it’s usually hard for me to grab a bite of it before Adam has gone all Furious Pete on me and devoured the whole bowl in under 1 minute. But hey, living with a man who doesn’t typically go crazy over vegetables or fruit I’ll take this as a big win! Adam, who isn’t a huge fan of cooking or being in the kitchen, has been known to even make this mango guacamole himself! So when I say it’s easy and fuss-free, the Picky Husband would agree, because he won’t even attempt a recipe if it looks like it will take a while.
This easy homemade guacamole can be whipped together in 15 minutes. You start with the mashing of the avocados, add in the chili powder and nutritional yeast to give it a little spice, saltiness and cheesiness. Then add in some chopped garlic and drizzle some lime juice into the bowl. Lastly, add in the chopped mango and stir it all together to create an epic vegan dip. It’s truly the perfect chip dip, in my opinion. Paired with your favourite salsa- you can’t go wrong with this mango guacamole!
This mango guacamole is best FRESH. It doesn’t go brown right away because of the lime juice but even by the next day, it isn’t as fresh as you would like your healthy guacamole recipe to look/taste like. But I guarantee if you serve this vegan dip fresh, there is no way that it won’t be a huge crowd pleaser!
For more Vegan Dips, Check These Recipes Out!
This mango guacamole is a big favourite in my home. It’s creamy and zesty, with lovely tropical flavours thanks to the mango. This vegan dip is so simple to make. I say it takes 15 minutes but honestly, you can probably make it in 10. So it’s the perfect addition to any meal because this mango guacamole takes no time at all to make. Dip your favourite tortilla chips into the easy homemade guacamole and let the flavours erupt in your mouth.
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1 lime (juiced)
- 1/2 cup fresh mango (cut into cubes)
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- 1 clove garlic (minced or pressed)
- 1/2 tsp nutritional yeast
- mash the avocados, so they are well combined, but still with some chunks (you can use a food processor as well).
- add the chopped mango, lime juice, and the seasonings. Mix to combine.