Spring is for sure in the air over here in the Okanagan, and I could not be happier. It got up to 20°C yesterday! I’m so tired of gloomy, winter days, and so ready for outdoor markets, hikes, and beach days! And I can’t forget about patio season. Sitting outside enjoying quality time with friends, the sun shining, and a BIG BOWL of Mango Guacamole right in front of you. Don’t worry, I’ve got you covered with the guac.
This mango guacamole is so easy to make. It’s creamy, slightly sweet, and has a hint of SPICE. This easy homemade guacamole will have you feeling like you are at a taqueria in good old Mexico.
Adam is funny because he doesn’t like avocados when they are sliced but he will go bonkers for some guacamole. So this dish is obviously Picky Husband Approved. I’ll be honest, it’s usually hard for me to grab a bite before Adam has gone all Furious Pete on me and devoured the whole bowl in under 1 minute. But hey, living with a man who doesn’t typically go crazy over vegetables or fruit I’ll take this as a big win!
here are some reasons why I love this mango guacamole, so listen up!
- Picky Husband Approved for the win. So I can make this dip in 15 minutes and know that he will be full and happy. And so will I!
- The mango is the best addition. It beautifully compliments the avocado and seasonings. It adds the perfect amount of sweetness to an already delicious bowl of guacamole.
- I mentioned above it takes 15 minutes to make. That’s it. And the end result is a flavour-packed crowd-pleasing dip.
Sunny weather or not, this guac is great on tacos, fajitas, or just as a simple chip dip! It’s the perfect addition for any Cinco de Mayo celebrations coming up! Enjoy this yummy dish and bring on summer! ♥
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1 lime (juiced)
- 1/2 cup fresh mango (cut into cubes)
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- 1 clove garlic (minced or pressed)
- 1/2 tsp nutritional yeast
- mash the avocados, so they are well combined, but still with some chunks (you can use a food processor as well).
- add the chopped mango, lime juice, and the seasonings. Mix to combine.