I have eaten SO MANY of these vegan chocolate cookies in the last few weeks, and to be honest, I’m nowhere close to being sick of them! Everyone needs a good classic chocolate chip cookie that you can whip up at a moment’s notice and know that they will be a success. These cookies are chewy, nutty, perfectly sweet and basically your life isn’t complete until you try one (or two) of these.
There are definitely perks to have to test and retest recipes over and over again. When the recipe is tasty the job love is at it’s highest, but then there are some recipe tests where the gag reflex comes into play, and the job love isn’t so great. With these vegan oatmeal cookies, I only had to perfect the recipe twice and then I knew it was a good-er. But I may have kept “testing” them just so the cookie jar in the house never got empty.
You really can’t go wrong with this recipe. Can you ever go wrong with chocolate though? These vegan chocolate cookies have become a staple in the house, and are 100% Picky Husband Approved. I can make them at any time in the year, and know that they will hit the spot.
here are a few reasons why I love these vegan chocolate cookies, so listen up!
- A gluten-free AND vegan cookie recipe that is chewy, decadent and so easy to make. Need I say more?
- It’s a recipe that I know I can count on. That anytime I make them, they will be a crowd-pleaser and never disappoint.
- Specifically, on a cozy day, these are a must! With a hot cup of tea (my all-time favourite brand is Traditional Medicinals- not sponsored) and a mind-blowing good book- that sounds like the perfect day to me.
- I will let you know, it is hard to stop after just one cookie. Today, while shooting, I think I’ve eaten 4. With zero regrets mind you! But I had to break the cookie apart for the photos and after I was done, I couldn’t let the cookies go to waste. So I may have eaten all the broken pieces, which are now happily in my belly. This is one of the best vegan cookie recipes out there so you can’t let any go uneaten.
Whenever the cookie jar on the counter becomes empty, I know Adam is a big fan and at the end of the day, that’s what I’m hoping for. I just want to make some yummy recipes for everyone to enjoy that you can make in your own house. I take the empty cookie jar as a good sign and that I need to do some more baking ASAP. It’s time to fill your empty cookie jar with these vegan cookies.
vegan chocolate chip cookies
- 1 flax egg (1 tbsp of flax meal mixed with 3 tbsp of water)
- 3 tbsp coconut oil (melted)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp almond butter
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup oat flour
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar/ cane sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix 1 tablespoon of flax meal with 3 tablespoons of water and set aside for 5-10 minutes, until a “yolky” consistency forms.
- Melt the coconut oil in a saucepan over low heat.
- Combine all the dry ingredients together in a bowl. If making your own oat flour, combine 1/2 cup of oats in a food processor and process until a flour texture forms.
- Add all wet ingredients together in a separate bowl and combine, including the flax egg.
- Add wet ingredients to the dry ingredients bowl and combine. Scoop cookie batter (I used a melon ball scoop) onto a lined baking sheet.
- Press the cookie batter down with a fork or the palm of your hand, so the cookie is flat.
- Bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes, then let cool for 5 minutes on the baking sheet. Transfer cookies to a cooling rack and enjoy!