I have eaten SO MANY of these cookies in the last few weeks, and to be honest, I’m nowhere close to being sick of them!
They are CHEWY, NUTTY, PERFECTLY SWEET, and you NEED these in your life.
Everybody needs a good classic chocolate chip cookie that they can whip up at any short notice, but did I mention these are VEGAN and GLUTEN FREE as well? So really you can’t go wrong.
ALSO, FYI, the empty cookie jar on my counter tells me these cookies are Picky Husband Approved. Get at it! ♥
ingredients (makes 12 cookies)
- 1 cup ALMOND FLOUR
- 1/2 cup OAT FLOUR
- 1/3 cup CANE SUGAR (or COCONUT SUGAR)
- 1/4 cup UNSWEETENED SHREDDED COCONUT
- 1/2 teaspoon BAKING SODA
- 1/2 teaspoon BAKING POWDER
- 1/8 teaspoon SEA SALT
- 1/4 teaspoon CINNAMON
- 2 tablespoons ALMOND BUTTER
- 1 FLAX EGG (1 normal egg works here as well )
- 3 tablespoons melted COCONUT OIL
- 2 tablespoons MAPLE SYRUP
- 1 teaspoon VANILLA
- 1/4 cup CHOCOLATE CHIPS
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix 1 tablespoon of flax meal with 3 tablespoons of water and set aside for 5-10 minutes, until the consistency is “yolky”.
- Melt the coconut oil in a saucepan over low heat.
- Combine all dry ingredients together in a bowl (If making your own oat flour, combine 1/2 cup of oats in a food processor and process until a flour forms.)
- Add all wet ingredients together in a separate bowl and combine.
- Add wet ingredients to the dry ingredients bowl and combine.
- Scoop cookie batter (I used a melon ball scoop) onto a lined baking sheet. Press the cookie batter down with a fork or the palm of your hand, so the cookie is flat.
- Bake in the oven for 11 minutes, let cool for 5 minutes on the baking sheet.
- Transfer cookies to a cooling rack and enjoy!