Pumpkin season is still in full force over here! But I’m ready to cozy up with this creamy + smooth Pumpkin Spice Latte for the rest of the year. Here’s the great thing- even if you don’t like coffee or espresso, it’s super yummy just as a steamer. You won’t be missing out at all (well, except on the extra caffeine boost). Pumpkin lovers unite and enjoy!
Coffee lattes are usually my go-to when I go out or if I make a drink at home. But then just a few weeks ago I was craving something a bit different and a little more fun- therefore my homemade vegan Pumpkin Spice Latte was born, and it’s a kick ass drink.
Simple to make, flavours of coconut and pumpkin all in one, creamy, and festive- it’s perfect at the start of your day or for a little afternoon pick me up.
Now instead of having to leave your house to go to Starbucks to get your PSL (as the cool kids know this latte as), you can make it right at home in your pajamas! This is pretty exciting news. So hunker down and pour yourself this warm glass of heaven.
VEGAN PUMPKIN SPICE LATTE
time to make: 10 minutes
- 1 can COCONUT MILK- full fat (400ml – I used Thai Kitchen brand)
- 1/4 cup PUMPKIN PUREE
- 1/2 teaspoon PUMPKIN PIE SPICE
- 1 teaspoon COCONUT OIL
- 2 tablespoons MAPLE SYRUP
- 1-2 shots of ESPRESSO OR 1/2 cup of strong COFFEE (optional)
- Add the coconut milk, pumpkin puree and coconut oil to a small saucepan over medium heat. Whisk the ingredients together to thoroughly combine. Bring to a light boil then remove from the stove top.
- Add the saucepan mixture to a blender, along with the spice, maple syrup and espresso/coffee. Pulse a few times to blend everything together and to make the mixture fun and frothy!
- Divide the Pumpkin Spice Latte into 2 mugs- option to sprinkle cinnamon on top.