Whether Valentine’s Day is a self-love day or a day celebrating with your special someone, this dessert is calling your name! This vegan chocolate mousse can be made in just ten minutes. So for those last-minute planners out there, this recipe is for you. It’s rich, creamy, loaded with wholesome ingredients and is a chocolate lover’s dream.
how do you make vegan chocolate mousse
Honestly, it’s so simple you won’t believe me until you try it. Basically, you add all the ingredients into a food processor and blend until the mixture is silky smooth. Dish this dairy free chocolate mousse out into two bowls (or one big bowl if you aren’t sharing). Then top the delightful dessert with coconut whip (my favourite) and whatever fruit is in season. And with all that, you can have this mousse ready in ten minutes. That is pretty impressive.
here are a few reasons why I love this Valentine’s Day dessert, so listen up!
- With only 6 ingredients, this recipe is quite easy to make! You would never know that the main ingredient in this mousse is an avocado. The avocado is what makes this dessert super creamy and rich. Avocados are filled with healthy fats, fibre, and antioxidants, they are a fruit that you want to be eating!
- This dairy free chocolate mousse is creamy and absolutely divine that no one will be able to tell you made it in ten minutes. Minds will be blown! I love easy vegan desserts that don’t take overnight to set or hours in the kitchen. Don’t get me wrong, I love those recipes on the weekend or when I have time to spare. But on nights when I want something sweet and fast, this quick chocolate mousse recipe is it.
- You should know by now that I live with a picky husband. He knows that is his nickname and he lives up to it most days. But I love his honesty and when he ends up enjoying a recipe then I know it’s the real deal. He was more than happy to taste test this mousse and give it two thumbs up.
Try these Raw Gluten Free Cinnamon Rolls or these Chocolate Coffee Date Caramels for more sweet stuff!
dress this dairy free chocolate mousse up, or dress it down
Although I made this vegan chocolate mouse with Valentine’s Day in mind, it doesn’t have to be enjoyed on a special occasion. The beauty of this dessert is that it can be made for a big day or it can be appreciated sitting in your pj’s eating it right out of the food processor. I will admit, I have enjoyed it on both occasions and I think eating it right out of the processor is kind of more fun. Comfort is key in life. So dress this dairy free chocolate mousse up, or dress it down. Dress yourself up, or don’t. This recipe is wow-worthy no matter the situation.
I’m pretty indifferent about Valentine’s Day but I sure can get on board with a quick chocolate mousse recipe. Or really anything that involves chocolate. Imagining the creamy richness of this vegan chocolate mousse has my mouthwatering as I sit at my computer and type this. Whether you make this recipe for Valentine’s Day or just an everyday snack, I hope you enjoy the beautiful simplicity of this classy goodness. Happy Valentine’s Day, friends.
vegan chocolate mousse
- 1 ripe avocado
- 4-5 tbsp maple syrup
- 4 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 tbsp natural coconut yogurt (optional- to thin out mousse)
- whipped coconut cream (see notes for recipe)
- fruit (optional)
- dried coconut (optional)
- Blend all ingredients in a food processor until fully combined (should be very smooth). Transfer into two bowls/cups and top with whipped coconut cream, dried coconut, fruit.
- Best to eat the same day. Store in a sealed container and refrigerate if the mousse will be sitting out for a bit.
- For coconut whip recipe click here.
- Optional to add coconut yogurt. If you like a thicker mousse don’t add the yogurt. If you like it lighter and thinner, add the yogurt.
Ohhhhh….. I really can’t wait to try this! Mmmmm!