Snacks. Snacks. Snacks. Raise your hand if you like snacks. FYI both my hands are raised. These no-bake, gluten free, vegan granola bars will have you singing, “Hallelujah” after just one bite.
I hope you find these trail mix granola bars as unreal as I do. They are fully loaded with all the deliciousness you could think of, plus they are naturally sweetened, protein-packed, Picky Husband Approved, and chewy to boot! They are a dream bar. My new favourite find is the dried blueberries in these babies! They add a little extra sweetness to the bars, naturally and some extra chewiness- which is pretty great.
These would be a great hiking snack, also perfect for lunches to give you that little extra boost in the middle of your day. These vegan granola bars truly have everything in them but the kitchen sink, are affordable to make and do not disappoint.
I obviously made a few batches of these to test them out. So I have quite a few left over, but they are so hard to stop at just one… fingers crossed I don’t eat all of them in one day. Just kidding, but it will take a lot of self control not to. Wish me luck!♥
Vegan Granola Bars
time to make: ~20 minutes ( +1 hour in the freezer) \ makes: 12 bars
- 2 cups OATS
- 1/2 cup ALMONDS
- 1/4 cup PUMPKIN SEEDS
- 1 cup/ ~12 DATES
- 4 tablespoons HOT WATER
- 1/3 cup ALMOND BUTTER
- 1/2 teaspoon CINNAMON
- 1/4 teaspoon SEA SALT
- 1/4 cup DRIED BLUEBERRIES
- 1/2 cup COCONUT FLAKES
- 1 teaspoon VANILLA
- 1 tablespoon CHIA SEEDS
- Preheat the oven to 300°F.
- Add the oats, almonds and pumpkins seeds to a baking sheet and toast for 10 minutes in the oven. Let cool.
- Add the oats and the pumpkins seeds to a bowl. Chop your toasted almonds as desired, then add to the bowl.
- Add your dates to a food processor or blender (make sure the pits are removed). Process and then add 4 tablespoons of hot water, so that more of a date paste forms.
- Add all the other dry ingredients to the bowl.
- Lastly, add the date paste, almond butter, and vanilla. Mix until a sticky batter forms. I ended up mixing it with my hands to really combine all the ingredients.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and add the granola to it. The granola bar mixture should only take up about half of the space on the baking sheet. Form your desired thickness with your hands. Pop in the freezer for one hour.
- Cut these yummy blueberry granola bars, and then store in an airtight container in the fridge or freezer.