No matter where you fall on the Naughty or Nice list, this Gingerbread Spice Latte will keep you feeling a little warmer and a little cheerier this winter. Full of comforting spices, this toasty vegan drink has all the warming flavours of the holidays. It’s creamy, naturally sweetened and might just have you singing a few more Christmas carols than normally.
Are you ginger obsessed?
My sweet Grandma (AKA Nonnie) is obsessed with ginger. Basically, hand her anything with ginger and she’s in. I never used to understand her love for ginger, especially as a kid. And then probably in the last few years, I’ve become ginger obsessed! I never saw that one coming. I mean I always was a fan of ginger cookies, but that was the extent of my ginger love. Now I love tossing a chunk of ginger in my smoothies, popping one or two Gin Gins in my mouth when travelling, and I find a ton of comfort in ginger tea. I guess the old apple doesn’ t fall too far from the tree.
Gingerbread spice latte for the win
Whether you love ginger or not, this gingerbread spice latte is going to be a winner. The ginger flavours aren’t too overbearing. They are smoothed out with cinnamon, dates, and of course, the plant-based milk involved. But the hint of ginger is strong enough and will have you thinking you’re eating a good old classic gingerbread man.
here are a few reasons why I love this Gingerbread Spice Latte, so listen up!
- It’s naturally sweetened. That’s right, there are no funky sugars or syrups in this latte. The dates add so much flavour and the perfect amount of sweetness, that this ginger latte is a cozy drink you could sip on at any time of the day.
- This drink can be stored in the fridge if you don’t drink it all at once! It’s perfect to have in the fridge ready to go for the morning. It just needs to be reheated and then it is easily enjoyed. If you need a little caffeine boost, add a shot of espresso and then you’ll really be ready to take on the day.
- Topping this latte with coconut whip is kind of a must. It complements the already creamy and smooth latte beautifully. Sprinkle a little more of the gingerbread spice on top of the whip and the smell that with fill your nostrils and the taste that will fill your mouth is pure holiday cheer.
This vegan latte isn’t just for ginger obsessed folks, like me and Nannie. The warming flavours of this drink are just what is needed to warm you up on a chilly day. This Gingerbread Spice Latte is smooth, creamy, rich and naturally sweet. It is the perfect companion for a cold day or to sip by the fire after a day on the hill.
gingerbread spice latte
- 1 can full fat coconut milk (400mL)
- 1 cup almond milk
- 5 medjool dates (pits removed)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 2 tsps gingerbread spice (combine 1 tsp cinnamon, 1/4 tsp cloves, and 1/2 tsp ground ginger)
- Begin by making the gingerbread spice. Combine 1 tsp cinnamon, 1/4 tsp cloves, and 1/2 tsp ground ginger together. This will make more than 2 tsp, but you will be using 2 tsp in the gingerbread latte and some extra to top the latte.
- Add the coconut milk, almond milk, vanilla, dates and spices to a high-speed blender. Blend until smooth.
- Taking a fine mesh strainer, strain the mixture. Add the mixture to a small saucepan and heat over low heat.
- Once warm, add back to the blender to froth (optional). Then divide evenly among two cups.
- Option to top the latte with coconut whip (see notes).