This Green Goddess Smoothie is a lip-smacking, mouthwatering refreshing drink. A smoothie loaded with antioxidants, protein and tastes absolutely divine is coming your way. This smoothie is the perfect way to start your day. You’ll be glowing from the inside out for the whole day, confidently strutting around like the Goddess (or God) that you are.
what’s in this dairy free smoothie?
A smoothie packed with tropical fruit, greens, and proteins sounds damn good to me. I find smoothies are a great way to start my day because they don’t sit heavy in my stomach but they give me enough fuel and energy to begin my day. So even for people who don’t typically eat breakfast, this spinach and almond milk smoothie might be the perfect compromise for you. The protein from the almond butter and hemp seeds balance nicely with the mango, banana, and lime juice. The spinach, romaine and cucumber add the lovely green colour to the powerful drink. This Green Goddess Smoothie is packed with amazing ingredients to keep you going throughout your day.
here are a few reasons why I love this green goddess smoothie, so listen up!
- The Picky Husband gave his approval. If you’ve read some of my other posts, you’ll know that Adam isn’t a huge smoothie fan. I, of course, don’t understand and can’t relate. So when he likes a smoothie my eyes go big and I ask him to repeat what he just said.
- The ingredient list for this dairy free smoothie might seem like a lot but I promise you will want all those yummy things in it. They all play a role in making this smoothie a health nut’s dream. It has a ton of spinach in it, turmeric, hemp seeds, almond butter and fruit galore to make it sweet and yummy. The ingredients all balance one another out and create a creamy and refreshing drink.
- I’m obsessed with turmeric and it’s magical health properties. The Simply Organics brand (not sponsored) of turmeric is the one I tend to stick with because they are a brand I trust and love. I add turmeric to a lot of my recipes, especially my smoothies. Be warned it stains like crazy. I don’t know how many shirts I’ve ruined with turmeric. It’s kind of a love/hate relationship now. And my fingertips always get stained oranged when using it. Perhaps, I’m just messy in my kitchen because a normal person could just use measuring spoons a little more carefully and maybe wouldn’t end up in the same predicament as myself.
Starting your day off with this dairy free smoothie will have you embracing your inner Goddess. You’ll be ready to tackle the day with whatever comes your way. This Green Goddess Smoothie is loaded with the good stuff! It’s green, creamy, protein-packed and flavourful. This smoothie just might become your new go-to.
green goddess smoothie
- 1 cup frozen mango
- 1/2 frozen banana
- 40 g cucumber (peeled- a good size chunk of cuc)
- 1-2 leaves romaine
- handful spinach (~ 1/2 cup )
- chunk of ginger (1 inch x1 inch)
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 1 tbsp almond butter
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- 1 tbsp hemp seeds
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 3/4 cup coconut water
- Combine all ingredients together in a high-speed blender. Blend until smooth.