HO HO HO, amazing Gingerbread Christmas Granola is here! The perfect snack or breakfast to get you in the holiday spirit! This gluten free granola is loaded with the festive flavours of cinnamon, ginger and molasses. It is a healthy vegan breakfast that is so fitting during the holiday season, and it is so easy to prepare. Don’t even get me started on the aroma that will fill your kitchen as this gorgeous gluten free granola is baking in the oven, that smell alone is bound to get you feeling jolly.
Why You’ll Love This Gingerbread Gluten Free Granola
- This gluten free granola has gorgeous flavours of ginger, cinnamon and molasses. It truly tastes as if you’ve just eaten a gingerbread man for breakfast, and I mean, what could be better than starting your day with those flavours.
- If you are looking to give soem homemade christams gifts this year, why not start with a lovely homemade jar of this Christmas granola. WRap a little bow around the jar and let your friends and family fall in love with this vegan granola. Who doesn’t love a gift from the heart!?
- This recipe is SO EASY to make. It’s so versatile. Top it with coconut yogurt, have it with plant-based milk or simply just munch on it like a granola bar for the perfect snack.
How to Make Vegan Granola
I like my granola broken into large pieces, so I made this gingerbread vegan granola extra chunky! Big pieces, perfectly sweet, and Picky Husband Approved. The key to making your Christmas granola chunky is to have some binding agents in the mixture. This is where the coconut oil, flax meal and maple syrup come into play. But they only hold the granola together (and this is the most important part) if you press the granola down firmly on the baking sheet before popping it in the oven. There is no flipping the granola halfway through either. You just have to leave it be. Once this gluten free gingerbread granola is cooled you can start breaking it apart with your hands, making as big of pieces as you desire. When I figured this trick out many moons ago, I was blown away by how easy it was!
You are bound to produce the best chunky gluten free granola out there, now that you know the best-kept secret! I’ve been nibbling on this vegan granola for the last week and I have to say it is completely addicting. I have to admit, I don’t think one batch is going to last me the week. But if this Christmas granola is only here for the holiday season, I might as well go all out and eat as much of it as I can!
Finding the Right Gluten Free Products
If you strictly need this vegan granola to be gluten-free (for celiacs) make sure you buy certified GF products. As there is cross-contamination even if you know oats (for instance) don’t naturally have gluten in them. It’s always a good idea to be overly cautious and only buy products that specify they are gluten free. For this gluten free granola I used Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free Oats. They are typically my go-to!
Tips to Make This Gluten Free Granola
- If you aren’t into the gingerbread flavours of this vegan granola (ginger and molasses), you CAN omit them. I would just add more like 1/3 cup of melted coconut oil instead. Then you have regular granola, which is still absolultely decliious.
- Don’t flip the gingerbread granola halfway. Let it bake for the full amount of time on side. This is key if you want chunky pieces, if you don’t then go ahead and flip it, but this gluten free granola was meant to have bigger pieces.
- It is also important to let the granola cool for at least 10 minutes after the bake time. This allows the gingerbread granola to get a little crispier and harden so that when you break it all apart, the big pieces will remain.
For More Healthy Vegan Breakfast Ideas, Try These
This Christmas granola is gluten free, vegan, protein-rich, and flavourful. This is such a festive breakfast to munch on as you plan Christmas dinners, Christmas parties, shopping lists and decorating lists. This gluten free granola will give you the energy to enjoy the season and will bring a little extra jolliness out in you. Let this gingerbread granola be the jolly start to your days all holiday season long!
- 3 cups oats (gluten free certified, if necessary)
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 3/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 3 tbsp ground flax (flax meal)
- 1 1/2 cups mixed raw nuts (almonds, pecans, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil (melted)
- 1/3 cup maple syrup (plus 2 tbsp)
- 1 tbsp molasses
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/3 cup raisins (added after the baking process)
- Preheat the oven to 300F.
- Add the dry ingredients together and mix.
- Melt the coconut oil and then add all the wet ingredients together. Add wet mixture (molasses, coconut oil, vanilla and maple syrup ) to the oat mixture. Toss until evenly covered.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, pour the granola mixture on the sheet. Then firmly press the granola down, so it is packed tightly together. This is what will help the granola be extra chunky!
- Bake for 30-40 minutes- turn the tray at 20 minutes. Check after the thirty-minute mark, the granola should look golden but not too dark. Important to let it cool for at least 10 minutes. Once cooled you can break up the pieces into whatever size you want your granola to be! Option to toss in raisins when you are breaking up the granola.
The flavors in this granola sound like a fantastic combination. Can’t wait to get messy in the kitchen!!