Still on the pumpkin bandwagon? Here are some Pumpkin Gluten Free Donuts that won’t disappoint. They are vegan, baked, perfectly sweet, and ever so festive!
I was testing these donuts and Adam came in from work and devoured two in about 4 bites. I was appalled and flattered at the same time. So needless to say, these vegan gluten free donuts are Picky Husband Approved. And if you’re up for it, he would probably love to challenge you to a donut eating contest.
These pumpkin donuts are everything you need in a good home baked dessert. They are fluffy, soft, sweet, full of pumpkin flavour and with the right amount of spices. They can take about 30 minutes to make if you are on your A game or closer to 40 minutes if it’s a Monday. The smell these donuts unleash into your house while baking is pretty magical, and you won’t regret it.
here are a few reasons why I love these pumpkin gluten free donuts, so listen up!
- These festive treats are not time-consuming at all. 19 minutes to bake, 15 minutes to prep, and then a few minutes to cool. And the end result is a pretty fantastic, mouthwatering treat.
- You can’t welcome Fall without baking some sort of pumpkin treat. And instead of that classic pumpkin pie, why not change it up with these donuts. They are something different and something a little more unique to snack on.
- This gluten free donut recipe is perfectly pumpkiny, perfectly sweet, and goes perfectly with a cup of coffee. These donuts are packed full with the Fall flavours that we crave: cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and cloves. The aroma is one thing, but the taste and texture is something else.
I hope you find time to enjoy these festive gluten free donuts, perhaps while sipping pumpkin spiced lattes, and listing to Vince Guaraldi or Frank Sinatra (because if you listen to them and eat donuts, you just classy). And try to savour every bite, don’t scarf them down like an animal (cough, cough, Adam). ♥
pumpkin gluten free donuts
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 3/4 cup oat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- pinch of sea salt
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup icing sugar (plus 2 tbsp more)
- 2-3 tbsp vegan butter
- 1 tbsp almond milk
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- Preheat the oven to 350°F, lightly grease a donut pan.
- Combine all the dry ingredients together. Combine the wet ingredients together. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, and thoroughly mix together.
- Dough consistency should be similar to a cookie dough consistency but a little wetter. Add the batter to a plastic baggie and cut one of the bottom corners off (about an inch wide).
- Squeeze the batter out of the baggie into your donut pan. There is enough batter for 6 donuts. If need be, mould and reshape the donut batter in the pan- I didn’t find I needed to do this though.
- Bake in the oven for 19 minutes, or until golden brown on top. Remove from the oven and let cool for 5 minutes. Then flip the donuts over and let the other side cool for 5 minutes.
- While donuts are cooling, make the icing. Add all the ingredients to a Kitchen Aid Mixer or a bowl and use a handheld mixer. Mix until smooth. Take the donuts and dip them in the icing face down. Then remove, and top with pecans.
- After one day covered on the countertop, store in a sealed container in the fridge.