Do you ever just want a quick chocolate fix? Like a good old fashioned chocolate milkshake, or a chocolate sundae? But you know you won’t feel very good afterwards so it’s a constant inner struggle if you should cave or not?!
Well… if you ever find yourself in that boat, I have the perfect solution for you! THIS smoothie. No refined sugars, and all the chocolate goodness is from pure cacao powder! It’s CREAMY, CHOCOLATEY, QUICK, and NATURALLY SWEET.
Cacao is amazing. It’s a natural mood elevator, and has a ton of magnesium, iron, and antioxidants in it. So you don’t need to feel ANY GUILT when chugging this baby down!
This truly is one of my favourite smoothies to have on the go, or when I just need a little pick me up in the middle of the day. So don’t worry about chomping on a carrot stick while others around you are gulping down a milkshake, this dream of a smoothie will perfectly satisfy your sweet tooth. ♥
time to make: 5-10 minutes
- 2 soft DATES (pits removed)
- 2 tablespoon CACAO POWDER
- ½ AVOCADO
- 1 frozen BANANA
- ½ teaspoon CINNAMON
- 1 tablespoon NUT BUTTER (almond/peanut butter)
- 1 tablespoon Vanilla Protein Powder OR 1 tablespoon HEMP SEEDS
- 1 1/4 cup unsweetened ALMOND MILK
- optional: handful of spinach (doesn’t change the taste of the smoothie just the colour a tad)
- Blend all ingredients together until smooth.
- Serves 1-2 (depending if you want to share!)