When the chocolate craving hits HARD, this chocolate banana smoothie is just what you need. This cacao smoothie has no refined sugars, and all the chocolate goodness is from pure cacao powder! It’s creamy, perfect for chocolate lovers, quick to make and naturally sweet. This dairy free protein shake is loaded with healthy fats and is the perfect refreshing drink for after a workout, on the commute to work, or just to enjoy on a hot day!
Why You’ll Love This Chocolate Banana Smoothie
- This dairy-free protein shake is smooth, creamy, and extra chocolatey. The protein powder and fats from the nut butter and avocado will keep you feeling fit and full. It’s the perfect on-the-go snack. Blend it before you leave the house and put it in a sealed jar and enjoy it while you commute.
- My favourite protein powder to use is VEGA. But use your favourite protein powder in this cacao smoothie. If you do use a flavoured protein powder it will most likely alter the taste of the smoothie. So I suggest either a natural flavour or vanilla.
- One of the best flavour combos of all time is peanut butter and chocolate. This chocolate banana smoothie has both of those ingredients and they truly steal the show. The cacao powder adds that chocolatey flavour and the peanut butter contributes to the creaminess and (obviously) the flavour of the smoothie. Don’t leave either of these ingredients out of this recipe!
How To Make A Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie
This cacao smoothie is so easy to make. And it all starts with the ingredients. This chocolate banana smoothie has only the good stuff in it: frozen banana, dates, cacao, peanut butter, avocado, plant-based milk and a dash of cinnamon. With this dairy free protein shake, you always have the option to add in some greens (which you won’t taste) and protein powder. The protein powder will alter the taste of the smoothie FYI, but a vanilla or natural flavoured powder would complement the smoothie nicely. Blend all the ingredients for this chocolate banana smoothie in a high-speed blender and you’ll be left with a smooth and creamy dairy free smoothie. This smoothie is rich, creamy and absolutely satisfying.
Try These Other Non Dairy Smoothies
This truly is one of my favourite dairy free protein shakes to have on the go. It’s great when I just need a little pick me up in the middle of the day, after a workout or for breakfast when I’m dashing out the door. This non dairy smoothie is a rich and decadent drink that is super refreshing, creamy and filling. A simple smoothie recipe that is a beautiful cross between a dessert and healthy food. This chocolate banana smoothie tastes like a decadent treat but it’s actually good for you! This dream of a smoothie will perfectly satisfy your sweet tooth and keep your belly happy and full.
chocolate banana smoothie
- 2 medjool dates (soft, pits removed)
- 1 frozen banana
- 1/2 avocado
- 1 tbsp peanut butter (or any nut butter)
- 2 tbsp cacao powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp Vanilla Protein Powder (or 1 tbsp Hemp Seeds)
- 1 1/4 cup almond milk
- handful of spinach (doesn’t change the taste of the smoothie, but the colour will alter)
- Blend all ingredients together until smooth.