Do you ever just want a quick chocolate fix? Like a good old fashioned chocolate milkshake, or a chocolate sundae? But you know you won’t feel very good afterwards so it’s a constant inner struggle if you should cave or not?! Well, if you ever find yourself in that boat, I have the perfect solution for you! THIS smoothie. This Chocolate Banana Smoothie has no refined sugars, and all the chocolate goodness is from pure cacao powder! It’s creamy, perfect for chocolate lovers, quick to make, and naturally sweet.
that chocolate peanut butter combo-a match made in heaven
Let’s talk about ingredients. This chocolate banana smoothie has only the good stuff in it. Banana, dates, cacao, peanut butter, avocado, almond milk and cinnamon. With this non dairy smoothie, you always have the option to add in some greens (which you won’t taste) and protein powder. The protein powder will alter the taste of the smoothie FYI, but a vanilla or natural flavoured powder would complement the smoothie nicely. But the real stars of this smoothie are of course the cacao and peanut butter. Chocolate and peanut butter go way back. Maybe as far back as peanut butter and jelly. I personally don’t know what combo is best, because it depends on the day for me! But you know if those two are both in this smoothie, it’s bound to make your mouth water and your belly grumble for more.
here are a few reasons why I love this chocolate banana smoothie, so listen up!
- This non dairy smoothie is smooth, creamy, and extra chocolatey. The protein powder and fats from the nut butter and avocado will keep you feeling fit and full. It’s the perfect on the go snack. Blend it before you leave the house and put it in a sealed jar. If you can store it somewhere cold that is best because then you have a hearty and nutritious snack all ready to go.
- Cacao is amazing. It’s a natural mood elevator and has a ton of magnesium, iron, and antioxidants in it. So you don’t need to feel ANY GUILT when chugging this baby down! This chocolate peanut butter smoothie is loaded with all the good stuff.
- Smoothies are the perfect way to get a ton of nutrients for those picky eaters. Now, my Picky Husband doesn’t like smoothies. It’s something about their texture. But he will drink my smoothies because he can chug them down fast. He knows he is getting some of his fruits and veggies for the day when he drinks them. With this chocolate banana smoothie, I sometimes add in a handful of spinach. You can’t taste it and it’s just added nutrients, that no picky eater needs to know about!
This truly is one of my favourite smoothies to have on the go. It’s great when I just need a little pick me up in the middle of the day. It’s a rich and decadent smoothie that you feel guilty drinking it! But there is no need for guilt because this chocolate peanut butter smoothie is full of healthy fats and clean ingredients. There is no need to chomp on a carrot stick the next time others are gulping down a milkshake. This dream of a smoothie will perfectly satisfy your sweet tooth. ♥
chocolate banana smoothie
- 2 medjool dates (soft, pits removed)
- 1 frozen banana
- 1/2 avocado
- 1 tbsp peanut butter (or any nut butter)
- 2 tbsp cacao powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp Vanilla Protein Powder (or 1 tbsp Hemp Seeds)
- 1 1/4 cup almond milk
- handful of spinach (doesn’t change the taste of the smoothie, but the colour will alter)
- Blend all ingredients together until smooth.