If you ever start feeling a little under the weather, this Mango Turmeric Smoothie should be your new go-to drink! This smoothie is sweet, gingery and loaded with healthy properties to keep your body’s immune system functioning at a high level. It also just might give you that extra kick to tackle those New Year intentions!
This smoothie is one of my favourites, so I’m super excited to share it with you! When I start to get a sore throat, the sniffles, or I’m just starting to feel run down, I make this immune boosting drink. Sometimes I’ll add some mushroom powder, and probiotic powder to it to give it that extra punch of goodness but they are completely optional. This ginger turmeric smoothie still is loaded with such simple, yet powerful ingredients, that it still packs a punch without the optional powders.
what makes this smoothie an immune boosting drink?
Turmeric, I would say is still quite trendy and you can find some golden milk smoothies or lattes at most health food places. Although it is trendy and that can get a bit out of control, it makes sense why it’s so popular. The health benefits of turmeric are too astounding to ignore. It has amazing anti-inflammatory properties, it improves blood flow through some of the body’s organs, it’s loaded with antioxidants and helps to balance bacteria in the digestive system. It’s pretty incredible. Take a peek here to see more of what this orangey spice can do.
Stay cozy and healthy this winter with a big bowl of Vegan Leek and Potato Soup or this Crispy Tofu Bowl
here are a few reasons why I love this mango turmeric smoothie, so listen up!
- This immune boosting drink has healing powers that you won’t begin to understand until you have it a few times. Turmeric is loaded with amazing properties but the same goes for the ginger, lemon, cinnamon and hemp seeds. It’s a game-changer of a smoothie that will power you through your day.
- One thing I love about smoothies, in general, is that they are a quick, energizing snack. They are great first thing in the morning, for an afternoon pick me up or after a hard workout. I tend to drink smoothies less in the winter, but they still make a huge presence in my weekly life. They are a great way to get your veggies, fruit and other good stuff all in liquid form. When I know the Picky Husband hasn’t been eating his veggies, he will always find a smoothie waiting for him in the fridge when he gets home.
- I love this mango turmeric smoothie because of the spiciness of the lemon/ginger combo. When I have a sore throat, I make this smoothie right away. It feels like little healing cadets are attacking the bad germs as it goes down my throat, giving me a sense of relief. It feels like magic, guys.
I totally believe this ginger turmeric smoothie has magical powers. Every ingredient in this drink plays a role in helping our immune systems. You don’t have to go out and buy crazy ingredients to feel the immune boosting effects of this drink. Know that this mango turmeric smoothie is Picky Husband Approved, and truly one of my go-to’s. It’s time to get blending and enjoy the superpowers of this drink! ♥
mango turmeric smoothie
- 1 frozen banana
- 1/2 cup frozen mango
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- knob of ginger
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- pinch of black pepper
- 1/4 cup orange juice (or sub coconut water or more plantbased milk)
- 3/4-1 cup plantbased milk
- 1 tbsp hemp seeds (optional)
- 2 tablets Purica’s Immune 7 Mushroom Blend (powder emptied from capsules) (optional)
- 1 tablet Probiotic (powder emptied from capsules) (optional)
- Combine all ingredients in a high-speed blender, and blend until smooth.
Leave a Reply