The perfect Valentine’s Day Dessert are these Mini Vegan Strawberry Cheesecakes. This raw vegan cheesecake is perfectly sweet, creamy, mouthwatering and mini! Although I made this vegan cheesecake with Valentine’s Day in mind, but this pretty pink dessert would be great at any point in the year. These mini cheesecakes are simple to make, naturally sweetened and nutty! This dessert is light and the most delicious make-ahead-dessert.
Why You’ll Love This Raw Vegan Cheesecake:
- No need to turn the oven on for this recipe. This is a raw vegan cheesecake, meaning that oven stays OFF. With no oven to turn on, this vegan cheesecake makes for the BEST summer dessert.
- This vegan strawberry cheesecake is the perfect dessert to make ahead of time. Keep it stored in the freezer until 20 minutes before serving. Then let it thaw for that 20 minutes and it will be ready to enjoy.
- This vegan cheesecake crust is naturally sweetened from the gooey dates and the filling is sweetened with maple syrup. The dates in the base add a chewy, caramel flavour to the cheesecake. The base isn’t overwhelming in flavour or sweetness because the star of the show in in this raw vegan cheesecake is the filing!
- If there is any leftover chia jam- SAVE IT. It’s so good to add to yogurt, toast or a smoothie bowl. I usually make chia jam monthly because I love adding it to so many snacks!
What You Need To Make Vegan Strawberry Cheesecake
- Strawberry Chia Jam. The strawberry chia jam swirl in this vegan strawberry cheesecake is amazing. I even left a few spoonfuls out of the cheesecake to have on my toast the next morning for breakfast. The chia jam is super easy to make and only requires 3 ingredients.The strawberry swirls in this raw vegan cheesecake are mouthwatering and compliment the nutty base and creamy coconutty filling beautifully.
- Springform Pans. Springform pans create a minimal mess and are so functional when you are a baker. I’ve reused mine over and over again. This vegan strawberry cheesecake was made with 4-4″1/2 springform pans. With the pans, the cheesecakes can be removed with no stress and the pans are easy to clean. This vegan strawberry cheesecake was not tested in an 8″ but I feel confident that the 8″ would produce a beautiful large cheesecake, using the same measurements that are down below in the recipe.
- Gooey Dates. It might seem silly that I add gooey dates to this list but old stiff dates won’t do the job in this recipe. This vegan strawberry cheesecake needs the gooeyiest of dates for the base to stick and hold together. The softer the dates, the more they breakdown, which means, there won’t be weird chunks in the crust and it will hold everything together.
For More Vegan Desserts, Try These:
The beauty of making a raw vegan cheesecake is that it lasts way longer than a classic baked cheesecake. If you store this vegan strawberry cheesecake in the freezer in a sealed container (to avoid freezer burn) it can last about a week and it is still amazing each time you pull it out of the freezer. It could probably last even longer than a week. It’s so nice to open the freezer and see you have a little treat waiting for you. The creamy texture, sweet strawberry swirl and nutty base are all beautifully balanced to create the most delicious vegan strawberry cheesecake. This dessert isn’t heavy, it’s a nice light and not overly sweet treat that is perfect for celebrating self-love or for the love of a partner. Happy Valentine’s Day friends- whatever that looks like to you.
Vegan Strawberry Cheesecake
Strawberry Chia Jam
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 cups frozen strawberries
- 1 cup raw cashews (soaked overnight or for 30 minutes in boiling hot water)
- 3/4 cup coconut cream (thick cream from a can of coconut milk)
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 lemon (juiced)
- 1 cup pecans
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 1 cup dates (pits removed- roughly 12 dates)
- pinch of sea salt
- 1/4 cup pistachios (chopped finely)
- 1/4 cup coconut
- Soak the cashews for the filling overnight, or for 30 minutes in boiling, hot water.
- Prepare the Strawberry Chia Jam. Add the frozen strawberries and maple syrup to a saucepan and over medium-low temperature bring them to a simmer, until they are soft. Add them to a food processor and blend until smooth. Stream in the chia seeds. Add to a glass container and place in the fridge to set for at least 20 minutes.
- Prepare the base. Add the almonds, pecans, dates (pits removed) and sea salt to a clean food processor and pulse/blend until the mixture sticks together finely. Note: make sure your dates are soft as they will be stickier then hard dates.
- Divide the base mixture evenly over three 4 1/2″ springform pans. Roughly 1/2 cup (plus a few tablespoons) per springform. Press the mixture down using your fingers. Place in the freezer while you prepare the filling.
- Prepare the filling. Drain the water from the cashews, then add the cashews, coconut cream, maple syrup, lemon juice and vanilla to a high-speed blender. Blend until smooth.
- Take the cheesecake base out of the freezer and the jam out of the fridge. How you incorporate the jam is up to you. I ended up adding a bit of the filing then 2 tablespoons of the jam (to each base) and using a spoon, swirl the jam throughout the coconut filling. Then add more filling and 2 more tablespoons of chia jam and do the same thing. Use roughly 1 cup of filling per springform.
- When you are happy with the appearance of the swirling, add the cheesecakes into the freezer for at least 6 hours to set. Option to top with pistachios and coconut.
- When ready to enjoy, leave the cheesecakes to sit out for 20 minutes to thaw so they are extra creamy!
- Store in the freezer, in a sealed container.
- I have not tested this recipe as 1 large cheesecake (using an 8″ springform pan). I would imagine it would work out just fine re the measurements etc. But I have not tested it that way.
- If there is any extra chia jam, it is delicious on toast in the morning.
This dessert… looks SO delicious and the flavours and texture are perfect! Mmm… Absolute perfection for Valentine’s Day … or any day, to be honest!
It was perfect the first time. I learn so much from you as well! Keep it up great post.
great to hear!
This looks so incredible!! Perfect for Valentine’s Day
Thanks Alice!! Means the world 🙂 They are so creamy and yummy! xo