Typically people start saying goodbye to summer after the labour day weekend. I’m here to tell you we still have a month of summer left, and no one should be waving goodbye just yet. Everyone is in need of a refreshing, thirst-quenching drink in the summer heat. This Orange Creamsicle Smoothie is extra creamy, extra orange and is a complete copy cat recipe of an Orange Julius. This Carrot Orange Smoothie is uber refreshing, perfectly sweet and even has some secret vegetables in it!
Why You’ll Love This Orange Creamsicle Smoothie
- You can make this vegan smoothie in under ten minutes with a high-speed blender.
- The taste and texture of this carrot orange smoothie mimics that of an Orange Julius smoothie and I am here for it! The orange flavour is so fresh and different. I don’t normally think to add orange to a smoothie. So it’s a nice change-up! This healthy orange smoothie tastes like the real deal. It’s loaded with all wholesome ingredients and will keep you refreshed.
- This carrot orange smoothie is loaded with vitamin C and a little protein to keep you energized throughout your busy day. There are also hidden veggies in this smoothie! Bonus! Well, it’s one carrot but hey you could probably get away with adding a few more- I won’t tell.
- This smoothie uses simple ingredients that you most likely already have in your fridge/pantry.
What’s ingredients are used in this orange creamsicle smoothie?
The vibrant orange/yellow colour of this vegan smoothie comes from the carrot and the orange peel. The orange peel also contributes to that delicious orangey flavour. The cashews and coconut milk are what make this orange creamsicle smoothie next-level creamy. If you don’t have a high-speed blender, I suggest soaking the cashews for 30 minutes in boiled water. If you do have a Vitamix or Ninja or Blendtec, you shouldn’t need to soak them and just throw them right in with all the other ingredients.
I suggest sticking with the coconut milk for this vegan smoothie AKA the stuff from the can. Only because it’s what makes this smoothie uber creamy and mimics that Orange Julius texture. You can sub it out for other plant-based milk but I can’t promise that the consistency and texture will be the same.
This healthy orange smoothie is so refreshing you won’t want to share it with anyone! It’s a great quick morning breakfast, an afternoon snack or “I just feel like it” kind of thing. I love orange-flavoured foods, and this sure hits the spot. It doesn’t take long to throw everything in a blender and voila! I enjoy non dairy smoothies at any time of the year. I don’t have a cut-off time due to the change of seasons. BUT, if you are like that, then this might be your last hurrah on the smoothie train for a little bit- so you better get on board and enjoy while you can and whip up this orange creamsicle smoothie ASAP.
is this carrot orange smoothie picky husband approved?
The Picky Husband is ALWAYS honest, sometimes too honest, but I’ll take it. And he really doesn’t like smoothies (surprise, surprise). I think it’s the texture?! Usually, I make some extra smoothie for him so that I know he is getting some vitamins, fruit and veg in a day. He usually drinks them with a plugged nose, as quick as he can and then chugs a glass of water right after AND THEN he breathes like he’s been without air for 5 minutes. It’s really quite the ordeal. But I look forward to it because I find it entertaining. I savour every sip of a smoothie because they are my jam, so I think he is crazy and vice versa. Anyways, he didn’t plug his nose when he tossed this carrot orange smoothie back, so I see that as a win.
for more vegan smoothies, check these out
Smoothies are my favourite go-to when I need a quick and simple snack. They are so easy to make and are loaded with yummy nutrients for your tastebuds and your body. For this carrot orange smoothie, you can make it year-round. Simply, pop that summer fruit and veg in the freezer when it is in season and then use it all through the winter! This flavour-packed cup of goodness may become one of your favourite non dairy smoothies. This orange creamsicle smoothie is perfect to keep you cool and refreshed in the summer, but it also can be a tasty breakfast in the winter months because it can be made in under ten minutes! I know I change up my go-to vegan smoothie all the time, but this carrot orange smoothie, it’s a good-er that I’ll keep coming back to.
orange creamsicle smoothie
- 2 large oranges (peeled removed- but keep 1/2 of a peel)
- 1 tsp orange zest
- 1/2 orange peel (washed and added for more orange flavour and orange colour)
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 medium carrot
- 1/4 cup cashews (soaked beforehand if you don’t have a high speed blender)
- 1 cup full fat coconut milk
- 1-2 ice cubes
- Add all the ingredients into a high-speed blender and blend until smooth. As noted above, if you don’t have a high-speed blender (such as a Vitamix) it might be a good idea to soak your cashews beforehand!