P E A C H S E A S O N I S H E R E. I’m over here very happy and very much scarfing down peach after peach. The perfect way to use those peaches and to make an easy on the go breakfast is with these Peach Overnight Oats. They are creamy, sweet, hearty and a delicious way to make good use of peach season.
how to make peach overnight oats
Making these gluten free overnight oats, is actually quite simple, For the oat mixture you literally just mix everything together. Then separate the mixture into two containers and pop them in the fridge for at least 8 hours. The peach nice cream takes no time at all to make. But you do need a food processor or a good blender to make sure the texture is smooth. I think the nice cream is best when fresh, but if you are short on time you can make it the night before as well. Either way, the next morning, assembling the bowl is super fun. Whether you take it to-go or have it at your own breakfast table, putting it all together is a good way to start your day.
I like to layer my overnight oats. I start by adding a little bit of the vegan oats on the bottom, then some nice cream, followed by fresh fruit and granola, and continuing with that process. If you don’t want anything fancy, you can throw it all in a bowl together and dig in.
here are a few reasons why I love these vegan oats, so listen up!
- When peach season arrives, you want to make the most of the delicious fruit because it doesn’t last long. I end up freezing a lot of peaches for smoothies in the fall. But let’s be honest, peaches are best when they are fresh. Which is why you need to incorporate them into all your meals! That might be dramatic. But that is why I made peach nice cream with gluten free overnight oats. For one, it’s so delicious, but the second reason is that I want to make the most of peach season.
- I could truly eat the peach nice cream in a bowl by itself and be so content. And you totally have that option. But it does make for a decadent and elaborate addition to the oats. And it doesn’t actually take that much time to make. It takes about 15 minutes to prepare the peach overnights oats, including making the peach banana nice cream. The easy part is leaving the overnight oats in the fridge for at least 8 hours. And then the best part is biting into the oats the next morning.
- The great thing about these peach overnight oats is that they require very minimal work in the morning to put together. Most things get done the night before. Which is why this is a great morning breakfast during the week. Or you can take a bit of extra time on the weekend and make it that much more delicious.
With this recipe in your hands, you can feel extra peachy this August. Eat your peaches for breakfast, lunch and dinner because they are only here for a short season. I think these peach overnight oats are going to be a highlight in your week. They are creamy and filling, with seasonal flavourings. These vegan oats are going to help motivate you to get out bed in the morning because they are more than peachy keen.
peach overnight oats
- 1 cup gluten free oats
- 1 1/2 cups plant based milk
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
peach nice cream
- 3 peaches (skins can be left on)
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Combine all the overnight oats ingredients together, and mix with a spoon. Place in a container in the fridge overnight.
- I prefer the ‘nice cream’ fresh, so it is best to eat right after you make it. But you CAN make it the night before and keep in in a container overnight in the fridge. To make the ‘nice cream’ –> combine all ingredients in a high-speed blender or a food processor, combine until thick and smooth.
- In the morning, assemble your oats. Option to layer–> add a few spoonfuls of the oat mixture, then some granola and blueberries, add a layer of the peach ‘nice cream’, then a layer of the oats etc. Then dig in.