Let’s take a trip to a tropical paradise. Sitting on the beach, drinking THIS Pina Colada Smoothie. A vegan smoothie that is refreshing, creamy, and naturally sweet with hints of lime, coconut and pineapple. It’s been a while since I posted a new smoothie recipe but I think this one sure hits the spot. If you close your eyes and take a sip it will feel like you’re right on the beach.
Who doesn’t love a good refreshing smoothie? This Pina Colada Smoothie NEEDS to be your go-to summer sip. I do know we are months away from summer, but that spring sunshine has me brainstorming all sorts of fun summer foods to create and I might as well get a head start with this tropical paradise drink.
The Picky Husband even enjoyed it! Adam typically does not enjoy smoothies… I know he is crazy. Most of my shock and disappointment in our relationship comes from his smoothie hatred. Sometimes I just want to gush about the flavours and amazingness that are smoothies, and he will have none of it. Most of the time he plugs his nose as he drinks them. I know, PLUGS HIS NOSE?! The Dramatics. However, with this pina colada smoothie, no nose was plugged, and he sipped it like he was on a beach and there was rum, not coconut milk in it. WINNING!
Here are some reasons why I love this smoothie, so listen up!
- It’s smooth and creamy.
- Reminds me of the beach and hot weather.
- It’s an awesome healthy breakfast, for those mornings when time seems to disappear and you’re left with your hair uncombed, wearing mismatched socks and your shirt is on backwards. At least your stomach won’t be grumbling if you have this in your belly!
- I love the lime addition- it adds that tangy tropical goodness alongside the pineapple and coconut.
- This Pina Colada Smoothie is vegan, gluten-free, and is loaded with yummy healthiness.
- I feel happy and dance-y when I take a sip. The Monday blues just disappear.
What contributes to making a happy day for you? Maybe this smoothie will sweeten your day just a little, or perhaps going to a flowy yoga class, hiking a mountain, snuggling with your animals/ loved ones or dancing in your kitchen to your favourite tunes are your sure fire ways to making a great day. But if you aren’t exactly sure what makes you feel like you’re walking on sunshine on a grey day (or any day), maybe start with this beachy vegan drink of goodness- it’s sure to brighten your day, or at least your tastebuds.
pina colada smoothie
time to make: 10 minutes | serves 1-2
- 1 frozen BANANA
- 1 cup frozen PINEAPPLE
- lite COCONUT MILK (1 can (400ML) )
- 1/2 LIME, juiced
- 1 tablespoon HEMP HEARTS
- pinch of CINNAMON (optional)
- optional to add in a handful of greens (the colour of the smoothie will change to
- Combine all ingredients into a high-speed blender and then blend until smooth!
- This smoothie is perfect to share between two but it is also good for one if you are extra thirsty!