Fries are an all-time favourite food of mine. It’s a guilty pleasure that I don’t feel guilty about. These crispy potato wedges are super delicious, with just the right amount of crisp! They are baked with fresh thyme and topped with salt. The wedges are deliciously dipped in a honey garlic sauce that is drool worthy.
These crispy potato wedges are so straightforward and simple to make, the hardest part is watching the timer on the oven as it slowly ticks down. But if you can practice patience you won’t be disappointed. These wedges are packed with fresh flavour, the right amount of saltiness, and have a perfectly crisp outside.
here are a few reasons why I love these crispy potato wedges, so listen up!
- The honey garlic sauce is addicting. This dairy free dip is creamy, zesty and has the perfect ratio of honey to garlic. It’s a great change-up from the classic ketchup. Although I’m not hating on ketchup, I’m a big fan over here. This honey garlic sauce just adds a new element of excitement for these herby fries.
- These crispy potato wedges are 100% Picky Husband Approved. They are an all-time favourite of Adam’s. We enjoy these quite often cause they are quite easy to make. They make for the perfect side dish.
- If you have someone in your family that loves fast food, these wedges are a good compromise. They bring a comforting and unhealthy vibe to the table, yet they are way healthier than fries from a fast-food joint. A nice compromise for those picky eaters who only want greasy crap.
You want fries with that? These crispy potato wedges would go great with my favourite black bean veggie burger.
Adam and I enjoy these wedges on a regular basis as they are so simple to make and so yummy to enjoy. Now I give you permission to fall in love with these potato wedges, guilt-free! ♥
crispy potato wedges with honey garlic sauce
crispy potato wedges
- 2 large russet potatoes (washed and cut into wedges)
- 1-2 tsp avocado oil
- 7-9 sprigs of fresh thyme
- 1/2 tsp sea salt (added after the baking process)
honey garlic sauce
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp almond butter
- 1/2 of a lemon, juiced
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 garlic clove
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Cut the potatoes into wedges. Combine wedges, thyme and oil in a bowl.Lay potatoes on a lined baking sheet. Pop in the oven for 40 minutes, flipping halfway through. Wait to sprinkle the salt on until the wedges have finished baking.
- While the potatoes bake, make the sauce. Combine all ingredients in a food processor, blender or mix by hand.
Ohhhhh. …. these look so delicious and I love that you used thyme. I have never made them with thyme! I am getting ready to make a guilt free batch – right now!
One word…. Amazing