If you are looking for a comforting meal for those chillier days ahead of us, I’ve got you covered. This vegan pasta recipe takes less than an hour to make, it’s simple yet mouthwatering delicious. The rose pasta sauce is the star of the dish. This vegan rose sauce is loaded with garlic, cherry tomatoes, nutritional yeast and cashew cream. The cashew cream adds smoothness and richness that will have you begging for seconds.
The Pefect Easy Vegan Pasta For A Weeknight
This vegan pasta recipe is a perfect midweek meal simply because it can be made in no time at all. If you are super-efficient and speedy in the kitchen this meal should take you 30 minutes from start to finish (if you’ve had the cashews soaking beforehand). If you aren’t so fast in the kitchen I still think you could have this made in 40 minutes. Any meal that takes less than an hour to make is what I want in the middle of the week. You can always make this vegan rose sauce on the weekend if you are into meal prep. It stores beautifully in the fridge and that will cut your day of dinner prep into 15 minutes.
how to make a rose pasta sauce
There are a few key steps to follow when making the vegan rose sauce but it only takes 8 ingredients to make! The cashew cream that is prepared in this meal adds a lovely flavour-packed creaminess to the tomato sauce. It is what transitions the tomato sauce into a rose pasta sauce. The amazing flavours in the cashew cream come from the miso paste and veggie broth. the cashews do need to soak for 30 minutes at least, but this is something ou can do before leaving the house for work in the morning. Or if you forget, soak them in boiling water for 30 minutes right when you get home.
Once the cherry tomatoes have split/cooked and are mixed in with the white wine, nooch, and garlic you are going to blend this mixture together so it becomes a puree. You can then add in the cashew cream during the blending process or whisk it in after you have added the vegan rose sauce back into the pot. Either way will work! And then you can watch while that red sauce turns into a beautiful pink. See, what did I tell you. EASY!
The rose pasta sauce is naturally gluten free. So you can easily add gluten free noodles to this dish and it will be a crowd-pleaser. But if you aren’t gluten free and want wheat noodles that will work with this recipe as well without compromising anything. I’m sure most people have their favourite pasta brands and that’s the great thing about this sauce, it will go well with most pasta brands. This is the brand I used for this pasta recipe and it turned out great.
here are a few reasons why I love this rose pasta sauce, so listen up!
- I’m a sucker for 30-minute meals, so obviously that is a reason I love this easy vegan pasta. If you are trying to save time in your evenings, you can make the rose pasta sauce ahead of time. Then store it in the fridge, and reheat before enjoying. Talk about an easy weeknight meal.
- The pasta sauce is flavour-packed. It is loaded with garlic, cherry tomatoes, and tastebud-exploding cashew cream. The sauce is creamy, fragrant and made with simple ingredients.
- This vegan dish works great as leftovers. Sometimes gluten free pasta isn’t the greatest the next day. So if you are a picky eater, reserve some of the pasta sauce and store it in the fridge. The next day, simply reheat the sauce and make fresh pasta. This is a recipe that is so simple, yet flavourful and easy to make.
I don’t know about you, but I sure love a speedy weeknight meal that is basically ready when I walk in the door after a crazy day. This rose pasta sauce can be made beforehand so all you have to do is reheat it and boil water for the pasta. Maybe roast up some broccoli but that’s just optional depending on how motivated you are. The real star of the show is the rose pasta sauce, the broccoli can sit this one out. This vegan pasta recipe is sure to be a favourite as it will keep your belly full and warm this winter season.
rose pasta sauce
- 4 cups cherry tomatoes
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1-2 tsp oil of choice
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 3 tbsp nutritional yeast
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup raw cashews (soaked in hot water for 30 minutes beforehand)
- 1/2-1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 tbsp brown rice miso paste
- 340-400 g Spaghetti Noodles (GF if desired)
- handful basil (optional)
- 1-2 heads roasted broccoli (optional/chopped finely- 1 head of broccoli for every 2 people)
tomato sauce/cashew cream/pasta
- Soak the cashews in a bowl of boiling hot water for 30 minutes before starting to make this dish.
- Begin to prepare the tomato sauce once the cashews have been soaking for 30 minutes. Add 1 tsp of oil to a saucepan over medium heat. Once warmed add the 4 cups of cherry tomatoes and toss in the oil. Let the tomatoes cook for 10 minutes then add the chopped garlic. Let the tomatoes and garlic cook until the tomatoes are soft. Begin to press down/flatten each tomato with the back of a fork. Add ½ cup of white wine and let the tomatoes and garlic boil for a minute and then bring the temperature down to a simmer. Add salt and pepper.
- While the tomatoes are cooking, begin to boil water for your pasta. Follow the cooking instructions on the package.
- Prepare the cashew cream. After cashews have soaked for 30 minutes, drain the water and add them to a high-speed blender. Add the vegetable broth and miso alongside the cashews. Start with ½ cup of veg broth first, as you don’t want the cream to be super runny. If the cream is too thick or the cashews aren’t blended add a ¼ cup more of broth at a time. Blend until smooth. Then set aside.
- Transfer the tomato mixture to the high-speed blender. Add 3 tbsp of nutritional yeast and blend until smooth. Add the blended sauce back to the saucepan, and add the cashew cream into the sauce. Whisk together over low heat. (If the sauce is too runny add a ¼-1 tsp of cornstarch or arrowroot powder, bring to a boil and then simmer while whisking to thicken the sauce).
- Drain your pasta. Then add the pasta directly to the saucepan. Divide the pasta into 4-6 bowls and if you prepared roasted veg/broccoli, toss on top with a sprinkle of basil.
Roasted Broccoli (optional)
- Wash and cut your broccoli quite small. Toss in 1 tsp of avocado oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast at 400ºF for 15 minutes.
- Chop even finer once removed from the oven and place over the pasta when ready to serve.