My mom and I have some tasty dishes planned for Christmas dinner this year, and we weren’t sure if stuffing would necessarily fit well with everything else. So I asked Adam if he would be disappointed if there was no stuffing at Christmas dinner. Adam’s reaction went from initial shock to complete disappointment. He really was quite outraged…so needless to say, stuffing is now back on our menu, and we’ll be using this SIMPLE gluten-free stuffing recipe!
As much as I love being in the kitchen, no one wants to be stuck in the kitchen all day on Christmas. So to make Adam happy, and to make sure I’m not in the kitchen all day, I created this SIMPLE stuffing recipe. It is quite QUICK to prepare, leaving you lots of time to eat chocolate and lounge by the fireplace.
I find the combination of savoury and thyme quite wonderful, and when mixed together they create some sort of party for your taste buds. I guess after tasting this recipe I can understand Adam’s dismay to why I would even consider excluding stuffing from our Christmas dinner. It truly is such a Christmas Classic.
I hope you all enjoy this ever so tasteful stuffing at Christmas♥
- 150 g of BREAD ( I used UDI’s GF loaf)
- 4 stalks of CELERY
- 1 LEEK
- 1 APPLE (I used Ambrosia)
- 1 clove GARLIC
- 1 ½ teaspoon SAVORY
- 5 sprigs of fresh THYME
- 1 ¼ cup of VEGETABLE BROTH
- SALT and PEPPER to taste
- Toast/ or broil the bread so it is toasty, and let cool. (You can do this in the morning or evening before eating), then cut into about one-inch pieces.
- Chop leeks, celery and apple (I chopped mine quite small but that is personal preference)
- Sauté leek, celery, garlic and spices until they are golden.
- Add in the chopped apple, then the chopped bread. Next, add in the vegetable broth. Mix all together and let simmer for a few minutes (3-5 minutes)
- Add stuffing to a dish that can go into the oven, no need to grease the dish.
- Pop in the oven at 350° for 20 minutes covered with a lid. The bread should be quite moist and a little soggy. If you like drier stuffing leave in the oven for longer.