Sometimes you want a simple, no-nonsense smoothie. A smoothie that doesn’t require going to the organic food market and spending $50. I mean that $50 smoothie is usually filled with every superfood out there and it will make your skin glow, but sometimes it’s nice to just go back to the basics. This Healthy Strawberry Smoothie is perfect for a slow, easy going, morning. Sipping on this in bed sounds like the perfect way to start the day to me.
swap the dairy for this non dairy smoothie
I was at the Kelowna Farmer’s Market this weekend and bought my first batch of strawberries of the season! I was maybe a little too excited when I saw that juicy, red fruit sitting in the market stalls. Which is why there will be a lot of strawberry recipe testing happening this week- starting with this one and I’m totally OK with that. So load up on strawberries and if you can’t eat them all, freeze them before they go back and use them up in this non dairy smoothie!
You can easily sub out the dairy in a smoothie recipe with lovely vegan alternatives. If a recipe calls for yogurt, use dairy free yogurt (the YOSO coconut yogurt-unsweetened is my fav). Same thing goes for with milk. Almond, oat, soy or any dairy alternative work great. If you want a creamy texture use full fat coconut milk. It’s so simple to make non dairy smoothies that even your picky eaters won’t notice the difference! So get to the market and grab a bundle of fresh strawberries because you aren’t going to want to miss out on this vegan strawberry smoothie.
here are a few reasons why I love this healthy strawberry smoothie, so listen up!
- Non dairy smoothies are pretty easy to find nowadays at your local smoothie joint. The downside when you buy one at a store is that they usually are $10. Which I’m all for when you are in need of a treat. But if you want one every morning, boy that adds up. With this vegan strawberry smoothie, you can make a delicious and simple liquid breakfast in the comfort of your own home. You most likely have these ingredients in your freezer and pantry. And if not, they are easy and affordable to find in the store.
- My Picky Husband doesn’t usually like smoothies. He usually gags and chokes them down. And I swear they aren’t gross. He’s the weird one. But he actually loves this healthy strawberry smoothie. It tastes like strawberries and cream and no one can say no to that.
- This vegan strawberry smoothie takes at the most 8 minutes to blend up. You can probably make it in 5 minutes. A 5-minute breakfast sounds pretty wonderful to me. Especially on those crazy weekday mornings. It’s healthy, refreshing and so simple to make.
If you love non dairy smoothies as much as me, try my broccoli smoothie or this yummy banana + beet smoothie ♥
This vegan strawberry smoothie is Picky Husband Approved, and even Pip was seen sneaking a few licks himself. So I’d say this is a crowd-pleasing smoothie that everyone can enjoy. This non dairy smoothie is a great way to start your morning, or as a pick-me-upper in the afternoon. Maybe even try it out this Sunday for Father’s Day, and let Dad be the ULTIMATE judge!
healthy strawberry smoothie
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 1/2 frozen banana
- 1/2 cup vegan unsweetened coconut yogurt
- 1 tbsp hemp seeds
- 1 cup plantbased milk
- 1-2 medjool dates (pits removed)
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon (optional)
- Add all ingredients together in a blender, blend until smooth.
This smoothie is incredible. Not a huge smoothie fan, but this one is delicious.
Thanks Addie 🙂
Once again – sign me up and Pip can we at least share??????
Pip hates to share, but in September I’ll make you one!