Everyone needs a good go-to chili recipe for these chilly months of winter. Needless to say, for me and the Picky Husband chili is a staple because it’s super easy to make, filling and freezer friendly! We’ve been enjoying this Vegan Three Bean Chili recipe over the last little bit, topped with avocado, vegan parmesan, kale and cornbread- it’s a decked-out chili that you need to try!
what is in this vegan three bean chili?
- kidney beans
- black beans
- cumin, chili powder, and paprika
- crushed tomatoes, garlic, onion and celery
- and a few other delicious ingredients
With delicious ingredients like the ones mentioned above, no one will be missing the meat that is typically in chili. This is my favourite dish to whip up and pop in the freezer. For weeks that I know will be super busy and I’m not going to have much time in the evenings to spend in the kitchen, this is one of my go-to’s. And a little side note, if you are looking to stray away from plastic Ziplocs for freezer-friendly meals, these stasher bags (not sponsored) are amazing and won’t let you down.
This three bean vegan chili is also great with cornbread. I have a recipe down below for the one I like to make. It has green chillies in it, making it just a little more exciting than your regular old cornbread. Give it a try if you have a little extra time!
here are a few reasons why I love this one pot vegan meal, so listen up!
- It takes less than one hour to make. That’s right, only forty-five minutes until this delicious, cozy, protein-packed dish is ready for you. It serves 6 people, so it is a great option for large family dinners that you don’t want to make too big of a fuss about.
- This gluten free chili is made all in one pot! No need to dirty many other dishes while you prepare this recipe. This is a no-fuss and low mess kind of meal, which is pretty ideal if you ask me.
- In the past, I’ve made a big pot of this chili for my dad and froze it. It is a straight forward meal to make and is full of nutritious ingredients. This chili is hearty, filling and very versatile. It acts as a great base recipe for those people who like chili nachos, or chili cheese fries. This vegan three bean chili is versatile with what you’d like to pair it with.
If you like meals that only dirty one pot in the making, keep your belly warm and full and is freezer friendly, I’d say you hit the jackpot on this one pot vegan meal. Say no to the chill in the air and yes to
notes: Cornbread is loosely adapted from Dolly and Oatmeal.