This post is all about BROCCOLINI??? OK! OK! Before you turn away, this IS something to get excited about!! PROMISE! It’s one of those dishes that you can serve as a side for a dinner, or toss in your salad bowl for lunch. This Roasted Broccolini is such a crowd pleaser, and even those who turn their noses up at the broccoli family will be pleasantly surprised!
This roasted broccolini was adapted from my mom! Is it surprising that my mom is still reminding me to eat my greens and I’m in my late twenties?! NAH, that’s what mom’s do! Ok, I don’t really need reminding to eat my greens, but my mom killed it with these flavours, that it was too good not to share! Nice work mom.
The flavours of ginger, garlic, nutritional yeast and tamari are so simple but yet so complimentary of one another. It is Husband Approved AND Husband’s Friend Approved- so there’s that. No more sleepless nights worrying about what you are going to serve as a side for dinner- problem solved right here, right meow (as Pip would say).
- 1 teaspoon OIL (for sautéing)
- 2 bunches of BROCCOLINI
- 1 tablespoon grated GINGER
- 2 cloves GARLIC (cut very finely, or use a garlic press)
- 1 tablespoon TAMARI
- NUTRITIONAL YEAST to sprinkle on top.
- heat the oil in a pan on the stove, over medium heat.
- trim and wash broccolini, and grate the ginger
- add the broccolini to the pan and saute. Let it saute by itself for 5 minutes and then add the ginger, 2 cloves of garlic.
- Once everything is looking nice and cooked and the flavours start smelling AMAZING, take the pan off the stove top, pour the tablespoon of tamari on it. Transfer to a serving dish and sprinkle nutritional yeast on top.
- Enjoy! ♥