This Vegan Chai Latte is creamy, soothing, perfectly sweet and will warm you to the bones. You’ll dream of starting every morning with this beaut!
We’ve had quite the cold snap in the Okanagan over the last few weeks, well it’s actually been cold all across Canada- there really is no escape. But that’s ok. I’ve really been happy to lay low, cozy up with a tasty treat, a good book and THIS chai latte. I’ve been making this batch on the weekends and then storing it in a jar, and enjoying it throughout my week. All I have to do it reheat it and blend it (to get it all frothy!)
This is not Picky Husband Approved. He tasted it, and he just isn’t a big chai fan. He smiled and said, ” not for me” (but hey, he didn’t gag or make a bad face- so that’s a good sign…) But, if you are chai lover this latte IS FOR YOU (and you can secretly scoff at the Picky Husbands of the world- knowing they are seriously missing out).
This truly is happiness in a cup for me. Stay warm out there, friends.
vegan chai latte
time to make: 10 minutes | serves 2
- 2 cups of boiling water
- 2 CHAI tea bags
- 1 can COCONUT MILK (Full fat- I like the Thai Kitchen brand)
- 2 tablespoons MAPLE SYRUP (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon CHAI spice mix (see below)
chai spice mix
- 3 teaspoons ground GINGER
- 2 teaspoons CINNAMON
- 1 teaspoon ALL SPICE
- 1/2 teaspoon CLOVES
- Bring 2 cups of water to a boil and steep 2 chai tea bags for 5 minutes in it or more (depending on how strong you like it).
- Combine all chai spice ingredients in a small bowl. Mix together and set aside.
- Heat all ingredients except the chai spice in a saucepan over low heat (coconut milk, maple syrup, chai tea).
- Once warm, and thoroughly combined, add in 1 teaspoon of the chai spice.
- Add the mixture to a high-speed blender to blend and make frothy!
- Remove from blender and top with more chai spice and enjoy!
- Store great in an airtight container for 1 week. But you do need to reheat and blend upon removing from fridge.
like this post? pin it!
notes: looking for more tasty drinks, check out my pumpkin spice latte.