Indulge in the rich and aromatic flavours of a vegan chai latte. Made with plant-based ingredients, this delicious beverage offers a beautiful blend of chai spices and creamy non-dairy milk. Savour the perfect balance of sweetness and warmth in every sip. This vegan latte takes at the most 10 minutes to make and is a great cozy addition to start your morning off right. 5 ingredients are all it takes to make and you are left with a creamy, aromatic latte.
Why You’ll Love This Chai Latte
- 5 ingredients are all it takes to whip up this chai latte.
- Make this vegan chai latte in 10 minutes.
- The warm flavours of a traditional chai are in this homemade chai latte. The cinnamon, ginger, cloves, cardamom and allspice all come together to produce a fragrant latte.
What Spices Are In a Chai Latte
For this vegan chai latte, we use two chai tea bags and leave them to steep to get that rich, fragrant flavour. But we also create a homemade chai spice blend to whisk into the homemade latte as well as to top it with, in the last step. The spices used in this chai latte are cinnamon, ginger, cardamom, allspice and cloves. These earthy spices complement one another perfectly and give off that aromatic and rich flavour every chai latte needs.
What Is The Best Milk For a Vegan Latte
For all my vegan lattes my go-to frothy milk is from Earth’s Own. I will use the oat barista blend or the soy version. Both froth really well and have never let me down. I highly suggest if you don’t have a milk frother, get one because it really just makes any homemade latte that much better. If you do have a frother, you can completely skip the “blender” steps in this recipe and simply steep the tea, add the maple syrup and spices and then top with the milk. I add the blender steps as it mimics frothy milk for people who don’t have a milk frother. That being said, it does not blend the milk into a thick and creamy foam as a frother would.
Homemade Chai Spice Blend
This recipe creates more than enough homemade chai spice blend. This is great because the next time you make this chai latte you don’t have to throw together the spices. This chai spice blend also is delicious in fall baking. Cinnamon, ginger, cardamom, allspice and cloves are the main stars of this chai spice. They are warm, a tad spicy and the perfect blend for any chai recipe.
More Vegan Lattes
This truly is happiness in a cup for me. This vegan chai latte is a delicious and healthy alternative to traditional chai latte. It is easy to make at home, uses minimal ingredients and takes no time at all to make. With its blend of earthy spices and creamy texture, this vegan chai latte offers a warm and comforting experience that can be enjoyed any time of the day. So if you’re looking for a cozy beverage that satisfies your taste buds while staying true to your values, this latte is for you.
Vegan Chai Latte
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 chai tea bags
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 cups milk of choice (Earth's Own Barista Blend)
- 1/2 tsp chai spice blend (below) (optional)
Chai Spice Blend
- 3 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp ginger
- 1 tsp cardamom
- 1/2 tsp all spice
- 1/4 tsp cloves
- Bring 2 cups of water to a boil and steep 2 chai tea bags for 5 minutes or more (depending on how strong you like it).
- Combine all chai spice ingredients in a small bowl. Mix together and set aside.
- Option 1 (if you don't have a milk frother) Remove the tea bags from the water and add the tea to a pot. Heat all ingredients (tea, maple syrup and milk) except the chai spice in a saucepan over low heat. Once warm, and thoroughly combined, add 1/2 teaspoon of the chai spice, and whisk to combine. Next, add the mixture to a high-speed blender to blend and froth. Remove from blender and top with more chai spice and enjoy!
- Option 2 (if using a milk frother) Simply steep the tea bags in the boiling water, then add the maple syrup and 1/2 teaspoon of the chai spice blend (optional). Whisk to combine. Next, froth the milk. Then divide the tea into two glasses and top with the milk. Top with some of the chai spice.