Whether you’re a Valentine’s Day lover or a big hater, this Vegan Chocolate Torte is the perfect dessert to celebrate with or to not celebrate with. If you choose the latter you can just call it Vegan Chocolate Torte Day instead. It has a smooth and decadent filling with hints of coconut and espresso. The bottom crust is nutty and sweetened naturally with dates. It’s truly a dessert that will make you feel like royalty. So if you have that someone special in your life, this is the perfect vegan Valentine’s day dessert to make.
a raw, gluten free and vegan torte
You surely can’t pass up the opportunity to enjoy this raw chocolate cake. It’s creamy, rich, and absolutely divine. This vegan torte has a chocolate smooth filling with hints of espresso, vanilla and coconut. The outside is nutty, chewy and naturally sweetened. This is the perfect dessert to sweeten up the day for you and your valentine. It’s also the perfect treat for you to just enjoy by yourself or with some gal pals.
here are a few reasons why I love this vegan Valentine’s day dessert, so listen up!
- Chocolate. Do I really need to say more? Rich, creamy, smooth chocolate mousse in a torte form. The filling melts in your mouth and the outside crust provides chewy, caramelly goodness to complement the inside perfectly.
- This vegan chocolate torte is super versatile. Make it for your hot Valentine’s date, Christmas dessert, or for a simple Sunday night dinner. Either way, this dessert will bring your meal to the next level.
- This vegan torte is simple to make. It just takes some patience waiting for it to set. But I promise it is well worth the wait. It’s a great recipe to make the morning of, giving it time to set and become the masterpiece that it is before your fancy dinner. You will need a springform pan, and a high-speed blender/ food processor in order for optimal results. If you don’t have a high-speed blender, I suggest blending the filling in smaller batches so everything can be smooth as possible.
To be honest, I’m actually not a HUGE Valentine’s Day fan. I’m not a hater, I’m just a little indifferent. Sharing some loving and kind words every day, eating some good food and being present in each other’s company- that’s what I’m all about. I know Adam and I will have a nice dinner and then dive right into this raw chocolate cake for dessert. On second thought, we might just have this vegan torte for our dinner. Now there’s an idea!
dance the night away with this torte
If this is your favourite holiday- good for you and celebrate to the fullest! Love should always be celebrated. If you’re like me and one way you express your love is via food, then this dessert will definitely showcase the love you feel for that special someone. It’s a fancy, chocolate loaded dream. Basically, this vegan torte needs to happen.
vegan chocolate torte
- 3/4 cup cashews soaked overnight
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 1/2 tsp arrowroot powder
- 5 tbsp espresso optional
- 1 tbsp coconut oil melted
- 1 cup coconut cream from 1 can of full fat coconut milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup medjool dates pits removed
- 1 cup oats
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 tbsp coconut oil melted
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- Start preparing the chocolate filling. Add the soaked cashews, coconut cream and the rest of the filling ingredients to a high-speed blender. Blend until smooth. Place the filling in the fridge to thicken while you prepare the crust (10 minutes).
- Combine the crust ingredients into a food processor and blend until the texture is sticky and well combined.
- Line a 9″ springform pan or a 9″ tart pan (I used a tart pan) with parchment paper. Add the crust ingredients into the pan and spread evenly with your fingers or the back of a spoon works really well. The mixture should spread up the sides as well. Place in the fridge/ freezer for ten minutes.
- Remove your filling and crust from the fridge. Add the filling to the crust and tap the bottom of the pan to get rid of any bubbles out of the filling. Place in the freezer for 6 hours or overnight.
- Take out of the freezer and thaw for 10- 20 minutes before enjoying it. Keep the torte stored in an airtight container in the freezer if you have leftovers.