Whether you’re a Valentine’s Day lover or a big hater, this Vegan Chocolate Torte is the perfect dessert to celebrate with, or not celebrate- you can just call it Vegan Chocolate Torte Day instead.
This vegan torte has a chocolate smooth filling with hints of espresso, vanilla and coconut. The outside is nutty, chewy and naturally sweetened. This is the perfect dessert to sweeten up the day for you and your valentine.
I’m actually not a HUGE Valentine’s Day fan- I’m not a hater, I’m just a little indifferent. I think it’s great if you go out and celebrate with your loved ones but sometimes just a lot of pressure gets put on this holiday and I think that is a little unnecessary. Sharing some loving and kind words, eating some good food and being present in each other’s company- that’s what I’m all about.
But if this is your favourite holiday- good for you! Love should always be celebrated- so go crazy if that is your thing! Either way, this vegan torte needs to happen.
vegan chocolate torte
serves 8-10 time to make: 45 minutes (plus chilled overnight)
- 3/4 cup CASHEWS (soaked overnight)
- 1/3 cup COCOA
- 1/3 cup MAPLE SYRUP
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ARROWROOT POWDER
- 5 tablespoons ESPRESSO (optional)
- 1 tablespoon COCONUT OIL (melted)
- 1 cup COCONUT CREAM (from 1 can of full fat coconut milk)
- 1 teaspoon VANILLA
- 1 cup MEDJOOL DATES
- 1 cup OATS
- 1/2 cup SHREDDED COCONUT
- 1/2 cup PECANS
- 2 tablespoons COCONUT OIL (melted)
- 1/4 teaspoon SEA SALT
- 1/2 teaspoon CINNAMON
- 1 teaspoon VANILLA
- Start preparing the chocolate filling. Add the soaked cashews, coconut cream and the rest of the filling ingredients to a high-speed blender. Blend until smooth. Place the filling in the fridge to thicken while you prepare the crust (10 minutes).
- Combine the crust ingredients into a food processor and blend until the texture is sticky and well combined.
- Line a 9″ springform pan or a 9″ tart pan (I used a tart pan) with parchment paper. Add the crust ingredients into the pan and spread evenly with your fingers or the back of a spoon works really well. The mixture should spread up the sides as well. Place in the fridge/ freezer for ten minutes.
- Remove your filling and crust from the fridge. Add the filling to the crust and tap the bottom of the pan to get rid of any bubbles out of the filling.
- Place in the freezer for 6 hours or overnight.
- Take out of the freezer and thaw for 10- 20 minutes before enjoying.
- Keep the torte stored in a
air tightcontainer in the freezer if you have leftovers.