The best summer dessert in my books is a fresh out of the oven crisp filled with delicious Okanagan fruit. If you are on the hunt for the perfect vegan peach crisp, I’ve got you covered.
Peach season is happening RIGHT NOW, so I’ve been stocking up and enjoying all the peaches while they are still in season. The downside is that you have to use your oven to make this peach + berry crisp… and when it is 37°C outside, you just dread turning that thing on. But sometimes we have to make sacrifices for our sweet tooth- so I’m not really complaining.
While I was testing this recipe I may have been guilty of eating it for breakfast with coconut yogurt, once or twice. But it isn’t overly sweet, so it actually compliments breakfast quite nicely, without starting your day off with a total sugar rush.
The gorgeous flavours found in this Vegan Peach Crisp are:
it has a hint of nuttiness.
My mouth is watering just thinking about those flavours and the way they make your home smell while it is baking in the oven. Luckily I DO have a crisp that just came out of the oven so I’m going to go dig in right now- even if it is early morning.
I hope you enjoy this crisp as much as I do! And take advantage of peach season before it disappears!♥
Vegan Peach Crisp
time to make ~ 45 mintues
- 3.5 cups of fresh PEACHES (skins can be left on) – roughly 5 peaches
- 1 cup fresh BLUEBERRIES
- 1 teaspoon LEMON JUICE
- 1/2 teaspoon CINNAMON
- 2 tablespoons MAPLE SYRUP
- 2.5 cups of OATS
- 1/3 cup COCONUT FLAKES
- 1 tablespoon FLAX MEAL
- 4 tablespoons ALMOND FLOUR
- 6 tablespoons COCONUT OIL (solid coconut oil)
- 5 tablespoons MAPLE SYRUP
- 2 teaspoons CINNAMON
- 1/4 teaspoon ALL SPICE
- 1 teaspoon VANILLA
- PINCH OF SALT
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly grease a 9″ baking pan with coconut oil. I used my 9″ cast iron pan and it worked like a dream.
- Prepare the filling. Cut the peaches into slices, and mix with the blueberries, lemon juice, maple syrup and cinnamon.
- Mix together the topping ingredients all in a bowl. I found it was easiest to combine everything by really getting in there and mixing with my hands (and it’s kind of fun too).
- Add the fruit mixture to the pan, and add the topping so that the fruit is fully covered.
- Place in the oven on the middle rack for 25 minutes. Crisp is ready when the top is lightly browned and the peaches are soft inside. Let cool for 5 minutes.
- Serve with vegan ice cream or Coconut Whipped Cream