This dish is magic. It’s creamy, flavour-packed and hard not to eat it all in one sitting. The best part? This Vegan Spinach and Artichoke Dip is actually really easy to make and can be done in 25 minutes- I timed myself. Ok, that’s not the best part. The best part is getting to eat it. This dip is so good it might even sparkle when it comes out of the oven with a beautiful upbeat melody playing in the background- what did I tell you? Magic.
how to make vegan spinach artichoke dip
It only takes 25 minutes to whip up this bad boy, which might have you making this dish more often then you think. The process of creating this vegan spinach dip is quite straightforward. Sauté the spinach and garlic to start off. Next, add most of the ingredients into the blender. Blend until smooth, then fold in the artichokes and the vegan parm. Bake the dip for 10 minutes. Little side note. I was on Green Kitchen Stories the other day and read that they call their vegan parmesan “cheesy nut dust” and I just thought, wow. That is the cutest and trendiest term for vegan parm. I love it. So lastly with this recipe, top your dip with more cheesy nut dust. You may feel a little like Tinkerbell when she sprinkles her pixie dust and that’s basically the dream.
what puts the green in this vegan dip recipe?
Now, let’s talk about the green colour. This Vegan Spinach and Artichoke Dip is super green, mean and loaded with hella goodness. I know spinach dip isn’t normally as green as the Hulk’s body but I have a picky husband on my hands. And I knew if there were chunks of spinach in this dip, he wasn’t eating it. So, people, you have options. To make this vegan spinach dip prettier, fold in the spinach and artichokes after everything else has been blended. Or if you have picky people in your life, blend it all baby! Relationships, it’s all about compromise, right?!
Dips. Dips. And more dips. I’ve got you covered with my Basil Butter Bean Hummus and Cashew Dip with Lemon and Dill.
here are a few reasons why I love this Vegan Dip recipe, so listen up!
- When it comes out of the oven, this dip is so comforting. It’s creamy and filling but yet so hard to stop until you’ve licked the bowl clean.
- Greens are hidden in it! Ok, so not really hidden because this dip is bright green… But My Picky Husband doesn’t care if he knows there are vegetables in the food, he just doesn’t like the taste of them. And this dish passes the test. He loved it! For those picky kids, maybe tell them the green is from the secret ingredient- Shrek’s boogers???
- 25 minutes, friends. That’s it. That’s all. Some of you MIGHT have to soak your cashews which does involve a little bit more time but if you have a high-speed blender, there is no need for soaking. Cashews are quite a soft nut which is why soaking isn’t necessary.
- This vegan spinach and artichoke dip is the perfect dish to serve as an appetizer. It’s bound to be a crowd-pleaser because it’s savoury, garlicky, thick and creamy. It’s simply flavour-packed magic.
Artichokes and spinach are two things I would not peg Adam for loving as a dip- but hey, I’m not complaining. The creaminess of this vegan spinach dip comes from cashews and vegan cream cheese or a soft cheese alternative. I used a cheese alternative from the company Le Grand and it was amazing- I highly recommend it (not sponsored) but if you can’t locate it I think a vegan cream cheese would do the job nicely!
If I haven’t convinced you guys yet that this vegan spinach and artichoke dip is life-changing, and rainbows might light up the sky when you take a bite, then you’ll just have to try it for yourself. You can let me know that I was right. I hope you enjoy and find the magic in this beauty of a dip.
vegan spinach and artichoke dip
- 1/2 cup cashews (soaked in hot water for 30 minutes)
- oil to sauté veg in
- 4 cloves garlic
- 5 cups spinach (chopped)
- 1 cup vegan cream cheese (or vegan cashew spread alternatives- I used Le Grand cheese spread alternative)
- 6 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp miso paste (brown rice miso)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup artichoke hearts (chopped)
- 1/4 cup vegan parmesean (see notes)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Start with your cashews. If you have a high-speed blender, you don’t need to soak them. If you don’t, soak them in a bowl of boiled water for 30 minutes to soften.
- Preheat the oven to 350º F. While the cashews are soaking, sauté the garlic and spinach separately.
- You have the option to add the spinach right away to the blender or set it aside for the end and fold it into the rest of the dish. Add the garlic, cashews (water drained), cream cheese (or alternative), nutritional yeast, miso paste, water, salt and pepper to the blender. Blend until smooth.
- Fold in the chopped artichoke hearts, spinach and 1/8 cup of vegan parmesan. Place the dip in an oven safe pan/bowl. Top with the rest of the vegan parmesan. Bake in the oven for 8-10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and enjoy. Best enjoyed right away.
Okay, I have to admit this looks delicious. And this is coming from someone who doesn’t like spinach or artichoke. But I would definitely give this a try!
hahha! You never know, it just might be Picky Father in Law Approved too 😉