Ever feel like your dessert is missing that white, slightly sweet, fluffy stuff on top? Say no more. I got you covered. This Healthy Whipped Cream is super simple to make and is vegan. It just requires a little planning ahead!
I typically have a can of coconut milk in my fridge at all times so I’m ready to whip up some coconut cream at a moment’s notice. You will need to make sure your can of coconut milk has sat in the fridge for at least 24 hours before you can whip up this beauty! This is important so that the cream separates from from coconut water.
I have noticed that not ALL full-fat cans of coconut milk do the job at creating that perfect consistency you are looking for in whipped vegan cream. I have found that Thai Kitchen Coconut Milk seems to be the most consistent for me, and you can find this brand at most grocery stores. So this recipe may differ depending what brand you end up using.
here are a few reasons why I love this healthy whipped cream, so listen up!
- If you keep a can of coconut milk in the fridge at all times, then you can make this whipped vegan cream at a moment’s notice. The hard part is remembering to keep a can in the fridge for 24 hours.
- This non-dairy whipped cream is smooth, perfectly sweet and the perfect pairing for most desserts. Even if you aren’t a huge coconut fan, I bet you will still enjoy this fluffy and decadent topping. It’s pure magic.
- This fluffy magical creation needs to be your new go-to non dairy whipped topping. If you haven’t boarded the whipped coconut cream train yet, it’s about time you did.
Just a little FYI for you, Adam loves this whipped cream. He gets more excited to have this vegan cream on desserts over the classic, dairy-filled whipping cream. With this coconutty goodness, no dessert is ever left looking bare, and no tastebud left unsatisfied ♥
healthy whipped cream
- food processor
- 1 can full fat coconut milk (I used the Thai Kitchen brand)
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- Chill the can of coconut milk in the fridge for 24-48 hours. I like to always keep a can in the fridge.
- About ten minutes before you are ready to whip up your coconut cream, put the bowl you will be using in the freezer, so it is nice and chilled.
- Be careful not to shake the can when removing it from the fridge (so the solid and the liquid contents remain separate). Open the top of the can, and there should be solid coconut cream on the top. Spoon the solid coconut cream out of the can into your chilled bowl. (Save the liquid portion in the can for smoothies!)
- Add the maple syrup to the bowl, and then use a hand mixer to mix the contents together. Mix until a smooth, fluffy whipped cream forms. I used my Kitchen Aid mixer, but a hand mixer will work just as good. You will need to mix it for a good 2-5 minutes.
- Optional add-ins are vanilla and cinnamon, or more maple syrup if you like it EXTRA sweet.