Summer is still in full swing and I’m all for this Raspberry Coconut Sorbet. This vegan sorbet only requires 4 ingredients! I’m here to share just how EASY it is to make this coconut sorbet. It’s refreshing, creamy, perfectly sweet and the best dessert to have on a hot day! It’s a no-fuss kind of recipe, but it does involve a little patience while you wait for the sorbet to firm up! But I promise it’s worth the wait! Eat this coconut sorbet in a cone or a bowl, either way, it will satisfy your sweet tooth and maybe even turn your tongue red!
Why You’ll Love This Coconut Sorbet
- You only need 4 ingredients to make this dairy free sorbet. Frozen raspberries, maple syrup, lime juice and a can of full fat coconut milk! It’s that easy and you might even already have these ingredients in the house!
- This is truly a simple recipe to make. The preparation takes 10 minutes and the rest of the time is just passive time while the vegan sorbet firms up in the freezer. It requires a little patience but you won’t be sweating over the stove with this sorbet recipe.
- I enjoy this coconut sorbet in a cone and a bowl. Both are delciious and there is no wrong decision! Or just eat it right out of the container- no judgement from me!
How to Make Sorbet?
The truth of the matter is that making this homemade coconut sorbet is so freakin’ easy. You only need 4 ingredients to start off with. Simply add the frozen raspberries, maple syrup, lime juice and coconut milk to a food processor or blender. You could try using fresh raspberries, although I haven’t tested this yet. I would imagine it would just take longer for the sorbet to firm up.
Once the coconut sorbet ingredients have been blended until smooth, the mixture will mimic the texture of a thick smoothie. The dairy free sorbet is absolutely delicious right at this moment but if you want the classic texture of sorbet, I suggest placing it in the freezer for at least 3-4 hours. Place the vegan sorbet in a loaf pan or a container of choice and freeze it until you are ready to enjoy it. If it freezes for longer than 4 hours, I suggest leaving it out on the counter to thaw for at least 30minutes before digging in.
Then spoon out the raspberry coconut sorbet into a bowl or some yummy gluten free cones (these are my favourite). This dairy free sorbet is so refreshing. It’s sweet but not overpowering. It truly hits the spot!
Looking for More Refreshing Desserts Recipes, Try These!
I love how simple this coconut sorbet is to make. This dairy free sorbet recipe makes for the perfect summer dessert because it is cool and refreshing. Make this recipe on the weekend and then keep it stored throughout the week in the freezer. That way you can have some vegan sorbet at a moment’s notice when your stuck in the middle of a heatwave. This summer has been so hot, and I have had more of an ice cream and liquids diet than ever before. When it’s 40 degrees for weeks on end, one doesn’t typically crave anything heavy. So I’ve basically been living off smoothies, salads, drinks, ice cream and this coconut sorbet. Anyone else?! Or maybe your heat wave is just starting wherever you are. So if that is the case, I highly recommend whipping up this dairy free sorbet!
Raspberry Coconut Sorbet
- 3 cups frozen raspberries
- 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 can full fat coconut milk (400mL)
- 1 tsp lime juice
- Add all the ingredients to a food processor and blend until smooth.
- The consistency will be smooth and mimic a thick smoothie. Enjoy right away if you like that consistency. Or pour the mixture into a loaf pan/ container of choice and freeze for 3-4 hours or until firm. Option to freeze it overnight as well.
- Before enjoying, let it thaw on the counter for at least 30 minutes. Serve in a bowl or in ice cream cones.