FALL is in the air! Chillier mornings, darker evenings, the colour of the leaves changing and the fireplace getting turned on after months of inactivity. All this calls for are warm drinks and pumpkin everything. Well, maybe not everything but this Gluten-Free Pumpkin Bread is a good place to start. This loaf is beautifully sweet, vegan and has the perfect texture. The comforting aroma that escapes through the oven as it bakes is absolutely mouthwatering. This is one of those vegan fall recipes that just can’t be missed. So get baking. Cheers to pumpkin season, friends.
Why You’ll Love This Gluten Free Pumpkin Bread
- Nothing describes fall as much as pumpkin season. So what better place to ring in the new season than with this earthy vegan pumpkin bread. This loaf is full of cinnmaon, ginger, nutmeg and cloves (hello pumpkin spice) that will have you snuggling up on the couch with a slice of this and a cup of tea.
- This gluten free pumpkin bread recipe is actually quite simple to make- you know the classic process of add the wet ingredients to the dry than transfer it to a loaf pan and then patiently wait while it bakes… see simple.
- You can easily add pecans, walnuts or chocolate to this gluten free pumpkin bread recipe. I kept the photos simple so you can see what it looks like in it’s most basic form but I highly suggest nuts and chocolate. I mean, you can never go wrong with adding that combo to any baked good.
- This vegan pumpkin bread is such a great early morning breakfast. It’s hearty and not too sweet. So it doesn’t feel like you are having dessert in the morning. Just a wholesome loaf that totally hits the spot. And if you add a little vegan butter on top of a slice of this gluten free pumpkin bread, it’s heaven.
What you need to Make the Best Pumpkin Bread
Recipes don’t need to be complicated. If you have dabbled in vegan and gluten-free baking then you should have most of the ingredients you need for this gluten free pumpkin bread already in your pantry. Here’s what you need:
- Flax Meal
- Pumpkin Puree
- Oat Milk
- Coconut Oil
- Almond Flour
- Oat Flour
- Brown Rice Flour
- Arrowroot Starch
- Coconut Sugar
- Baking Powder
- Baking Soda
- Pumpkin Spice
- Sea Salt
How to Make Vegan Pumpkin Bread
Making this gluten free pumpkin bread is easy peasy. It’s the classic tale of adding wet ingredients to the dry. I’ll be honest, I’m always stocked up with Bob’s Red Meal products. For this recipe, I used Bob’s Red Mill oats, almond flour, brown rice flour and arrowroot starch- see, stocked up! If you are a gluten free baker, you know this is a good brand to stick with if you want your recipes to turn out!
So first things first. Prepare the flax egg first and get your coconut oil melted. Then combine all the wet ingredients together in a bowl and whisk until smooth. In a separate bowl, add all the dry ingredients together for this pumpkin bread. Whisk it all together until it is just combined. Then you know it. Add the wet ingredients for this vegan pumpkin bread to the dry. Stir, stir, stir. Line a loaf pan with parchment paper and dump that pumpkiny goodness right in. Bake in the oven for 33-35 minutes until the top is crisp (not burnt). Let it cool in the pan for at least ten minutes (super important) and then let this gluten free pumpkin bread cool completely out of the pan on a cooling rack. Then slice that vegan pumpkin loaf into BIG slices- because you deserve it.
For More Vegan Fall Recipes, Try These
- Butternut Squash Risotto
- Vegan Carrot Cake Cupcakes
- Vegan Mashed Potatoes with Mushroom Gravy
- Pumpkin Mousse
This is one of those vegan fall recipes that is going to be on repeat all October long! This vegan pumpkin bread is super moist and isn’t uber dense like a lot of gluten free baking. The ingredients that you need are likely already in your pantry or fridge. This gluten free pumpkin bread is one for the books. If you are obsessed with pumpkin- you’ll want to make this pumpkin loaf this fall. And if you only make ONE pumpkin recipe this fall, let this epic, perfectly sweet, wholesome vegan pumpkin bread be it.
Gluten Free Pumpkin Bread
- 1 flax egg (1 tbsp flax meal mixed with 3 tbsp of water)
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 tbsp molasses
- 1/3 cup oat milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/3 cup coconut oil (melted)
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup oat flour
- 1/2 cup brown rice flour
- 1/4 cup arrowroot starch
- 2/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp pumpkin spice
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF and line a 9" loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Prepare the flax egg by adding 1 tbsp of flax meal to 3 tbsp of water. Let it sit for 5 minutes until a yolky consistency has formed.
- Melt the coconut oil and let it cool slightly. Then combine the flax egg, molasses, milk, oil, pumpkin puree and vanilla to a bowl. Mix until combined.
- Add all the dry ingredients together in a separate bowl and whisk together. Then add the wet ingredients to the dry. Stir until it's just combined. Option to fold in any nuts or chocolate at this point.
- Add the loaf batter to the loaf pan and spread it out evenly. Bake in the oven for 5 minutes. Then turn the temperature down to 350ºF without opening the oven and bake for an additional 30-35 minutes. Until a toothpick comes out clean and the top is slightly crispy (not burnt though).
- Let the loaf cool in the pan for at least ten minutes. Then transfer to a cooling rack to completely cool before slicing.
- Store leftovers in a sealed container on the counter top.
Leave a Reply