I love slowing down on weekends and having a lazy breakfast/brunch with lots of coffee and good food. These 3 ingredient pancakes will definitely bring that element to your Saturday mornings. These gluten free pancakes add that extra bit of special to a weekend breakfast without having to be overly complicated. You only need 3 ingredients to make these pancakes! Talk about simple.
Why You’ll Love These 3 Ingredient Pancakes
- These gluten free pancakes use simple ingredients (only 3!) to add ease to your weekend mornings.
- You won’t be left with a ton of leftover batter because this recipe only makes 4 small pancakes (perfect for one) but it is the easiest recipe to double or triple, so depending on how many people are at your breakfast table, you can easily adjust the recipe.
- Easily add blueberries or cinnamon to the base of these 3 ingredient pancakes. The batter easily accommodates add-ins if those are your thing!
- These dairy free pancakes are naturally sweetened from the banana!
How To Make Gluten Free Pancakes
These gluten free pancakes are beyond simple to make. I mean you only need 3 ingredients so how hard could it be?! You do need a food processor or a blender to make the batter. Start with heating up a pan over medium low heat and adding 1-2 tsp of coconut oil to it. Add the oats to a food processor/blender and blend until a fine meal has formed. Then add the ripe banana and plant-based milk and blend until smooth. I’ve tested these 3 ingredient pancakes with almond milk and oat milk and both turned out great! I would guess that any plant-based milk will work with this recipe.
Once the batter for these vegan gluten free pancakes is smooth yet not runny, and the pan has had time to warm up, add 1/4 cup of the batter to the pan. If you have room for two pancakes, add another 1/4 cup to the pan so you can cook two pancakes at once.
I suggest starting with the heat at medium-low otherwise the outside will cook a lot faster than the middle. After 3-5 minutes bubbles should begin to appear on the top of the pancakes or around the edges. That’s when you know it is time to flip it. Before flipping it, move a little oil around on the pan to make sure where it lands is covered with a light layer of oil. Cook for another 5 minutes or so. If bubbles never show up on the pancake, I suggest turning your heat up to medium.
I typically love blueberry pancakes, so I would personally add a few blueberries to each pancake. But that’s the great thing about this batter, it accommodates add-in’s very nicely. Once the 3 ingredient pancakes are done, top them with your favourite toppings! I love topping mine with fresh bananas (or other fruit) and maple syrup. To me, pancakes NEED maple syrup, but as mentioned the banana does sweeten the gluten free pancakes a little too, so if you are watching your sugar intake, maple syrup isn’t necessary. Note, if you don’t like the taste of bananas, these vegan gluten free pancakes probably aren’t for you then because you can taste a slight banana taste.
This recipe only makes 4 small pancakes, which is perfect for one person or two not overly hungry people. But these gluten free pancakes are so simple to double. You can double, or triple the recipe and it will turn out great!
For more Vegan Gluten Free Breakfast Ideas, Check These Recipes Out!
These 3 ingredient pancakes are so easy to make which is why they’ve become one of my staples, especially on the weekends. Some gluten free pancakes require a long list of ingredients that I don’t always want to pull out to use, but with this recipe, there is no long list and the end result is still a delicious pancake breakfast. My favourite way to enjoy these vegan gluten free pancakes is to add a few blueberries into the batter and top them with maple syrup before I dig in. The great thing about the batter for these dairy free pancakes is that you can easily add in your favourite additions and the pancakes will still turn out!
So if you are a lover of pancakes but enjoy a simple recipe, these 3 ingredient pancakes are just for you. This is the perfect recipe for 1-2 people that can easily be doubled to accommodate. They are naturally sweetened, minimal and the easiest gluten free pancakes you’ll probably ever make!
3 Ingredient Pancakes
- Food Processor/Blender
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup +2 tbsp plant-based milk (I've tested almond and oat milk)
- 2-4 tsp coconut oil (for cooking)
- maple syrup (to top pancakes with)
- pinch of cinnamon
- pinch of sea salt
- Heat a medium pan on the stove over medium-low heat with 1-2 tsp of coconut oil. You want the bottom of the pan to be lightly oiled before adding the batter.
- Add the oats to a blender or food processor. Blend until a fine meal forms.
- Add the banana and plant-based milk to the oats. Blend until the batter becomes smooth. Batter consistency should mimic that of a traditional pancake batter. Not overly thick.
- Once the pan is hot, measure out a heaping 1/4 cup of pancake batter to the pan. If you have room for two pancakes at a time, I suggest cooking two at a time.
- Once the pancakes begin to show some bubbles on top (roughly after 5 minutes) it's time to flip the pancakes. Before flipping it, I like to move a little oil around on the pan to make sure where I am flipping it is covered with a light layer of oil. Then cook for another 5 minutes, or until golden brown. If bubbles aren't forming, turn your element to medium heat. I suggest starting at medium-low heat otherwise the outside cooks a lot faster than the middle, but keep in mind stoves will differ a little with their heat settings. When the pancakes are done, remove them from the pan and add another 1 tsp of coconut oil for the next round of pancakes.
- The batter should divide nicely into four pancakes. This recipe works well to double. Pancakes are best eaten fresh and topped with fresh fruit and maple syrup.