When I think of summer, I think of s’mores. You can’t go through summer without having one or two s’mores, am I right?! But if you can’t make it to a campfire this year, I’ve got you covered with these easy vegan s’more bars. They are loaded with vegan marshmallows, gluten free graham crackers and silky smooth chocolate. These s’more bars are simple to make, crispy and chewy and the perfect summer treat. These is still lots of time left for everyone to enjoy this summery recipe, summer isn’t over yet. So, if you are a marshmallow fanatic, chocolate lover and cookie crusher, these chocolate marshmallow bars are just for YOU.
Why You’ll Love These Vegan S’mores
- These vegan s’mores are completely dairy free and gluten free. They use a combination of oat and almond flour for the perfect texture and consistency that no one will know these s’more cookie bars are gluten free.
- The crunch from the gluten free graham crackers is pure perfection. While the chewiness of the vegan marshmallows is beyond satisfying. And the smooth richness of the chocolate is something like the cherry on top.
- Campfire ban? No problem. Make these before your camping trip and enjoy them as a delicious dessert. These s’more bars store really nicely for a few days so they are a great recipe to make ahead of time.
How To Make Chocolate Marshmallow Bars
To make these s’more cookie bars combine the flax egg, butter, sugar, vanilla, and cashew butter into a bowl. I highly recommend using hand beaters or a KitchenAid paddle to help with the mixing process, although you can mix by hand. Once smooth, add the dry ingredients and mix until thicker but still wet. Then chop up the gluten free graham crackers and the chocolate and add to the batter along with the vegan marshmallows. Mix until everything is well combined.
Add the batter to a lined 8×8 pan and bake in the oven for 15-17 minutes. The chocolate marshmallow bars will look golden on top when they are done. It’s important to let these s’more cookie bars cool in the pan for at least 20 minutes to fully set. Then they should easily come out of the pan and be ready to enjoy. These bars store nicely for a few days in an air-tight container.
For More Vegan Dessert Recipes, Try These
These s’more bars are just what your summer needs. You don’t need a campfire to enjoy these gooey s’more cookie bars. I think you’ll find these bars to be the perfect balance between chewy and crispy. These chocolate marshmallow bars are loaded with the classic ingredients: marshmallows, graham crackers and chocolate but are combined with a gluten free flour blend that is the perfect texture. Vegan baking is super simple with the flax egg and vegan butter used in this recipe, making this summer dessert buttery and the perfect amount of crumbly. I hope you all enjoy this one!
Vegan S’more Bars
- 1 flax egg (1 tbsp of flax meal mixed with 3 tbsp of water)
- 1/4 cup vegan butter (room temperature)
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup cashew butter
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- pinch of sea salt
- 1 cup broken pieces of gluten free graham crackers (kinnikinnick brand)
- 1/2 cup mini vegan marshmallows (dandies brand)
- 1/3 cup vegan chocolate (chopped)
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF and line an 8×8 pan with parchment paper.
- Prepare the flax egg by adding 1 tbsp of flax meal to a small bowl with 3 tbsp of water. Let sit for 5 minutes until a yolky consistency has formed.
- Add the butter, sugar, vanilla and flax egg to a bowl. Mix together using a kitchen aid (paddle attachment) or hand beaters or mix by hand until smooth. Add the cashew butter and thoroughly mix together.
- Add the oat flour, almond flour, baking soda and sea salt to the wet ingredients. Mix together.
- Break the graham crackers into small and medium-sized pieces that measure out to 1 cup. Add to the batter. Measure out the marshmallows and chopped chocolate. Stir altogether.
- Evenly spread the batter into the lined 8×8 pan. Bake for 15-17 minutes until golden brown on top.
- Let the bars cool completely before cutting into the squares.
- Store bars in an air-tight container on the counter.