Turning on the oven in the summer is a big no-no for me. Therefore, salads become an absolute go-to. But I don’t just want a lettuce salad with cucumber. I want a salad with protein, veggies and LOTS of flavour. This vegan taco salad checks all the boxes. It’s savoury and creamy and it packs a punch (hello jalepeño). This taco salad is super simple to make and the avocado lime crema that goes with it is a MUST. It is spicy, smooth and absolutely mouthwatering. This vegan taco bowl is going to be enjoyed over and over again this summer!
Why You’ll Love This Vegan Taco Salad
- I used GUSTA veggie ground (MEX flavour) in this taco salad and it is amazing. You don’t have to add your own seasoning to this ground, because it is already done for you! It’s a soy-based veggie ground and it is protein-packed! The flavour and texture of this veggie ground is delish, even my Picky Husband likes it!
- If you are a big lover of tortilla chips like me, then this is the perfect excuse/ recipe to eat chips for dinner. I mean, what could be better than that!? NOTHING.
- The avocado lime crema is next level and the perfect taco salad dressing. Truly. It’s also spicy because of the jalepeño, so if that isn’t your thing, leave it out or just remove all the seeds. The sauce will still be creamy and the perfect pairing with this vegan taco salad.
How To Make The Best Taco Salad Dressing
The avocado lime crema is honestly the perfect pairing for this vegan taco salad. You need cashews (soaked beforehand), avocado, lime juice, jalepeño (half the seeds removed), garlic, water, nutritional yeast and a pinch of salt. All these ingredients come together to make the most creamy and luscious avocado lime crema.
Blend everything together for the taco salad dressing. It will be uber smooth and green! I find it is easiest to blend it in a personal-sized blender, and if you are still having trouble getting a smooth result, add 1 more tablespoon of water at a time, to help thin the dressing out.
This taco salad bowl is easily a 30-minute meal if we didn’t have to soak the cashews, but we do. And this avocado lime crema is 100% worth it. So just do it. The great thing about soaking the cashews is that it can be done the night before so that when it comes to dinner time, this vegan taco salad will only take 30 minutes (tops) to make! Basically, plan ahead and you’ll thank yourself later.
Try These For More Vegan Salad Recipes:
This vegan taco salad is hearty, protein-packed and is bound to be a new summer fav. Load this vegan salad with romaine, corn, tomatoes, green onion, avocado and lots and lots of tortilla chips. Then top this taco salad with the most epic avocado lime crema. Keep this taco salad bowl spicy or keep it mild, that is totally up to you! Either way, you will be left with a big bowl of veggies with the veggie ground and the perfect taco salad dressing to pair it with. Summer meals don’t have to be boring, or complicated. They can be flavour-packed and hearty, just like this vegan taco bowl.
Vegan Taco Salad with Avocado Lime Crema
- 1 package veggie ground (GUSTA's)
- green onion
- cherry tomatoes
- tortilla chips
Avocado Lime Crema
- 1/2 cup raw cashews (soaked)
- 1/2 ripe avocado
- 1 small jalepeño (half the seeds removed)
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 6-8 tbsp water
- salt to taste
- Prepare the cashews for the avocado lime crema first by soaking them in very hot water for at least 30 minutes.
- Then prep all the vegetables you want to use for this salad. Play with portions, depending on how many people you are feeding and what veggies you like best.
- Heat up the veggie ground and set it aside.
- Add the romaine, avocado, veggie ground, corn, tomatoes, green onion, and a huge handful of crumbled tortilla chips to a huge salad bowl.
- Prepare the avocado lime crema. Drain the water from the cashews. Then add the cashews, avocado, jalepeño, lime juice, garlic, nutritional yeast, salt and water to a blender. I find a personal (cup) sized blender is always best for sauces and dressings, but use what you have. Blend until smooth. If you are having trouble getting a smooth, and creamy result, add another tablespoon of water (or two) until the desired consistency is achieved.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and toss. Best enjoyed fresh.
Leave a Reply