Summer is still going strong over here. So many people start to let summer go mid-August which I can’t get over. We still have over a month of summer left, let’s not waste it. It needs to be filled with more beach days, water activities and lots and lots of dairy free sorbet. To help you with the latter, I’ve whipped up a 4 ingredient Blackberry Sorbet just for you! This sorbet is creamy, smooth and the perfect way to use up some of those summer blackberries. Even if you are excited for fall, just do me a favour and don’t wish summer away until you’ve tried this blackberry sorbet, ok!?
Why You’ll Love This Dairy Free Sorbet
- 4 ingredients. That’s right, you only need 4 ingredients to make this vegan sorbet: frozen blackberries, coconut milk, lemon juice and maple syrup.
- This blackberry sorbet uses minimal ingredients but it’s also super simple to make. Just add everything to a food processor or blender and then freeze it for a few hours. Then this summer dessert will be ready to enjoy!
- This dairy free sorbet is very refreshing after a hot day on the beach. It’s extra smooth and creamy and honestly, pretty healthy when it comes to a sweet treat!
Is Sorbet Vegan?
YES! All sorbet is vegan. So obviously this blackberry sorbet is as well. This dairy free sorbet follows suit with using fruit, water (coconut water/milk) and a sweetener. Sorbet is sometimes confused with sherbet which is NOT vegan. Sherbet typically has milk products in it. It’s good to know the next time you are in an ice cream shop and they have zero vegan options but they have sorbet, you are golden!
How to Make Sorbet
To make this blackberry sorbet, add all the ingredients to a food processor or high-speed blender and blend until it’s smooth. Then add it to a springform pan (this will help with the removal process once it’s frozen) and place it in the freezer for 3-4 hours. You want the mixture to be solid but it doesn’t have to be hard as a rock FYI. After 4ish hours, easily remove the dairy free sorbet from the pan and either eat as it is or add it back to the food processor/ blender to mix it up. The point of adding it back to the food processor is to help create a smooth texture once again but this time the mixture will be thicker because it’s been frozen. If the blackberry sorbet has been in the freezer for longer than 4 hours it may need to sit out on the counter to thaw for half an hour before enjoying. Once it’s been re-blended enjoy this blackberry sorbet in a small bowl on in your favourite gluten free cone!
More Vegan Homemade Ice Cream Recipes
Don’t say bye to summer before you’ve tried this dairy free sorbet. It’s creamy, refreshing and so simple to make. This blackberry sorbet is a great healthy treat to enjoy on a hot day as it uses very little added sweetener. If you have blackberries on hand, coconut milk, lemon juice and some maple syrup you are HALFWAY to making this epic vegan sorbet!
- food processor/ or blender
- 3 cups frozen blackberries
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 can full fat coconut milk (400mL)
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Add all the ingredients to a food processor/blender and blend until smooth.
- The consistency will be smooth. Pour the mixture into a springform pan (this type of pan will just make removing the sorbet later on easier and cleaner). Freeze for 3-4 hours or until the mixture is quite firm. Option to freeze it overnight as well (but it will need to thaw for longer if it freezes overnight).
- After 4 hours, let it thaw on the counter for at least 30 minutes. Then gently remove the sorbet from the springform pan and add it back to the blender/food processor. Blend until smooth and thick.
- Serve in a bowl or in ice cream cones.