Today, I’m rounding up my favourite vegan Christmas cookies that you NEED to make this holiday season! From gingery molasses cookies to double chocolate peppermint cookies, there are options people, options. If you are doing a big Christmas baking day this year, all these vegan gluten free cookies should make it on the list. All these cookies are perfectly sweet, flavour-packed, gluten free and straightforward to make. No one will guess that all these vegan Christmas cookies are gluten free and vegan. No one. They are legit. So let’s get baking!
- Ginger Molasses Cookies
- Thumbprint Cookies
- Vegan Snickerdoodle Cookies
- Lemon Gingerbread Thumbprint Cookies
- Double Chocolate Peppermint Cookies
Why You’ll Love these Vegan Christmas Cookies
- All of these vegan Christmas cookies will get you in the Christmas spirit. From ginger to peppermint, these cookies pack in the flavour and are all beautifully sweetened. Whether you love ginger spiced cookies or peppermint, there are options. Or just make them all.
- The aroma that will fill your house when these vegan gluten free cookies are in the oven is next level. Smells of cinnamon, ginger, sugar and peppermint will explode in your house, and it will be amazing. Nothing trumps the cookie aromas that will escape through your oven. Nothing.
- No one, and I mean no one will guess that these vegan Christmas cookies are gluten free. I had my Picky Husband taste all of them and he loved them. He DOES eat gluten which is why he is the best testers and he is always honest. So I know he is telling me the truth when he gives all of these gluten free Christmas cookies two thumbs up! No need to make separate batches of gluten free and gluten plus cookies this holiday season because no one will be able to tell and everyone will want seconds.
Ginger Molasses Cookies
First up are these epic Ginger Molasses Cookies. These vegan gluten free cookies are HANDS DOWN my favourite. If you’re looking for the chewiest, gingery cookie- these are it. I’m drooling right now, just thinking about the chewy goodness that these cookies are. These gluten free Christmas cookies are perfectly sweet, and simple to make. Ginger and molasses lovers are going to be over the moon for this recipe. If you only make one of these vegan Christmas cookies, make sure it’s this recipe.
Next, in this vegan gluten free cookie round-up are the yummiest raspberry thumbprint cookies. The cookie base isn’t overly sweet because it is so perfectly paired with a healthier chia jam. The chia jam sweetens the gluten free cookie beautifully and adds that fun splash of colour to a rather brown and bland-looking cookie. The dough is simple enough to make and so is the chia jam. But the chia jam does take a little planning ahead (you have to let it set in the fridge for a little bit). But other than some fridge time, make sure you add these cookies to your vegan christmas cookies bake-off, they add a lovely balance among the other cookies.
Vegan Snickerdoodle Cookies
Pillowy soft Vegan Snickerdoodles hit the blog last year and I can’t wait to make them again this year. These gluten free Christmas cookies melt in your mouth and give those ginger molasses cookies a run for their money. Vegan butter (always Miyoko’s), cinnamon and coconut sugar are the stars of these vegan gluten free cookies. And the combination of those three will have your house smelling like all things Christmas. Pair these snickerdoodles with a cup of tea, and your day will be made.
Lemon Gingerbread Thumbprint Cookies
Yes to more thumbprint cookies. But this time ginger and lemon flavoured. Ginger cookies are my favourite cookie to enjoy the Christmas season with so why not create an equally amazing thumbprint cookie that has me drooling?! Instead of chocolate or jam filling for these vegan Christmas cookies, I opted for a lemon filling. And it does not disappoint. It’s creamy, zesty and a lovely balance to the gingery cookie base. These vegan gluten free cookies are loaded with molasses, ginger, cinnamon and lemony goodness.
Double Chocolate Peppermint Cookies
You can’t have a vegan Christmas cookie round up and not include a peppermint cookie. You just can’t. And what goes better with peppermint than chocolate?! If you are craving a classic chocolate chip cookie this holiday season but don’t want to be a grinch, these Double Chocolate Peppermint Cookies will be what you want. They are chewy on the inside with a slight crispy outside. These vegan gluten free cookies are loaded with chocolate chunks, have the perfect amount of peppermint extract in them and have the most spot-on texture. If ginger isn’t your thing, let these peppermint gluten free Christmas cookies help you celebrate the holidays.
These vegan Christmas cookies will make your tastebuds happy and your guests asking for seconds and thirds. Cookies are a great gift to give because it comes from the heart and you know if it’s a good cookie, your recipients will be thrilled. There is just something about the holiday season that always gets me on a baking roll. And you can bet I’ll be starting my Christmas baking day with these vegan gluten free cookies. There are options to choose from, depending on what flavours you tend to gravitate towards. Whether it be cinnamon, peppermint, ginger or just double chocolate- all these vegan Christmas cookies are good choices. Happy baking, my friends.
Leave a Reply