Summer is right around the corner, and you are going to need this Strawberry Smoothie Bowl to keep you refreshed and cooled off in the summer heat. You only need 4 ingredients to make this smoothie bowl and you most likely already have these ingredients in your pantry and freezer. This strawberry banana smoothie bowl is creamy, healthy and extra THICK (just how a smoothie bowl should be). Every smoothie bowl should be extra thick and topped with your favourite granola and fresh fruit, and this strawberry smoothie bowl is no different. It checks all the boxes. So stay cool and full with this vegan smoothie all summer long.
Why You’ll Love This Strawberry Smoothie Bowl
- This smoothie bowl only requires 4 ingredients. You need frozen strawberries, a frozen banana, plant-based milk of choice and a little scoop of vegan yogurt. Easily add a scoop of your favourite protein powder to this smoothie too, although it may alter the taste a little.
- Talk about a quick breakfast. This strawberry banana smoothie bowl takes no time to make when your fruit is already frozen! And because of the thickness of this strawberry smoothie bowl, you can top it with your favourite granola, fresh fruit and some chia seeds!
- With the first day of summer fast approaching, you’re going to need this creamy and refreshing strawberry smoothie bowl in your back pocket. It makes for a very easy, quick and filling snack/ breakfast. And the fact that the oven doesn’t need to be turned on to make it, is a big bonus when that hot weather sets in.
How To Make A Smoothie Bowl
The key to making a smoothie bowl is to keep the consistency THICK because otherwise, it’s just a regular old smoothie. At least that is my preference. If it is super runny, whatever you top the smoothie bowl with (AKA- granola) will just sink to the bottom.
And the key to making a thick smoothie bowl is to use only a little bit of liquid. For instance, in this strawberry smoothie bowl, we are only using 1/4 cup of milk and a 1/4 cup of vegan yogurt. That being said you kind of need a high-speed blender and one with a tamper stick to achieve this thick consistency. You need a tamper stick because the mixture is tough to blend without. I told you we were going for thickness. You can still make this strawberry bowl without a tamper stick but you will most likely have to add a bit more liquid so the ultimate thickness won’t be achieved but I promise it will still taste like a summer’s dream. Strawberries and cream, anyone?!
For this strawberry smoothie bowl, I used Yoggu vegan yogurt which is one of my favourite vegan yogurts. The yogurt, along with the frozen banana creates the creaminess you need in a good smoothie bowl. The strawberries add the main flavour to this smoothie and the milk makes it possible for everything to blend smoothly. Try adding your favourite protein powder to this strawberry bowl. This will add a boost of protein to start your day off right!
Try These Other Vegan Smoothies
The key to a good summer is drinking cool and refreshing drinks on repeat and never turning on the oven. And this strawberry smoothie bowl checks ALL those boxes and more. It’s uber THICK, extra creamy and can be loaded with protein to help fuel you throughout your morning. All you need are strawberries, banana, vegan yogurt and plant-based milk to make this vegan smoothie. And you can add a little protein powder for a boost. It honestly tastes like a dessert- think strawberries and cream. Therefore, you won’t want to share one spoonful with anyone- so make sure you double it!
Strawberry Smoothie Bowl
- High-speed blender
- tamper stick
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 1 frozen banana
- 1/4 cup milk of choice
- 1/4 cup unsweetened vegan yogurt
- 1 scoop protein powder (optional/may alter taste)
- Add all the ingredients to a high-speed blender.
- You will need to use a tamper stick to constantly push the smoothie ingredients down in order for it to blend and reach a thick but smooth consistency. If your blender doesn't have a tamper stick, add a little more milk at a time- this will make the smoothie not as thick, but it will still taste great!
- Once blended, pour the smoothie into a bowl and top with granola, chia seeds, and fresh fruit.