Calling all chocolate peanut butter lovers! I have the perfect vegan summer treat for you! Vegan Popsicles that are loaded with homemade peanut butter cups and a fudge ice cream base. These chocolate popsicles are smooth, nutty, perfectly sweetened and super refreshing! They use minimal ingredients (especially if you buy peanut butter cups from the store) and are sweetened with maple syrup. These creamy fudge pops are going to hit the spot when that summer heat rolls in so you are going to want at least one batch of these chocolate popsicles in the freezer! Stay cool this summer with one (or two) of these fudgesicles in hand- you won’t regret it.
Why You’ll Love These Vegan Chocolate Popsicles
- If you are a chocolate peanut butter lover, then these vegan fudge popsicles are calling your name. These fudgesicles are loaded with peanut butter and even have actual peanut butter cup pieces in them. Talk about heaven.
- Summer is just around the corner and I’m always looking for new and refreshing treats to keep me feeling cool. And frozen treats are where it’s at. Keep the heat at bay with these vegan popsicles.
- If you don’t want to add peanut butter cups to the fudgesicles that is totally OK. The base of these fudgesicles is meant to be enjoyed on its own too! You don’t need to add the pb cups in order to enjoy that chocolate peanut butter combo because it’s right there in the base! The peanut butter cups definitely add a longer process to these fudgesicles so either make them ahead of time, buy store-bought ones, or leave them out!
how to make chocolate peanut butter fudge popsicles
The main ingredients that make these vegan fudge popsicles UBER CREAMY are peanut butter and the FULL FAT coconut milk. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again Thai Kitchen full fat coconut milk is my GO-TO. The consistency is BY FAR the best I’ve tried and I’ve tried a ton of different brands. You can also buy it organic if that is important to you. By no means do you have to use the Thai Kitchen brand for this recipe, but it is what I tested these fudgesicles with and it’s one of my staples.
If you are making your own peanut butter cups for the fudge pops, use this recipe! You’ll need to make these first before you start the base for the popsicles. You can also buy vegan peanut butter cups and cut those up for these creamy popsicles. I suggest having 5-6 on hand and then you can decide how many you want to add to the vegan fudge popsicles. Some vegan peanut butter cup brands you can buy to save on time are Justin’s, Theo, Free2Be (for a nut-free option) and Unreal Peanut Butter Cups.
When you are ready to start making the fudge popsicles, combine the peanut butter, coconut milk, maple syrup and vanilla together in the food processor and blend until smooth. In a separate bowl, add the cocoa powder and oat milk and whisk until a thick but smooth consistency has formed. Add 1-2 more tbsp if a thick paste forms. Then add the peanut butter mixture to the cocoa mixture. Whisk/stir until it’s fully combined.
Chop up 5-6 peanut butter cups and fold them into the fudgesicles batter. Then divide the mixture into 5-6 popsicle moulds and freeze until solid (4 hours-overnight). Rinse the moulds until water to easily remove the chocolate popsicles in order to enjoy. Option to drizzle them with melted chocolate to bring these popsicles to the next level!
These vegan popsicles are super simple to make, the hard part is just waiting for them to solidify in the freezer!!
For more vegan summer desserts, try these!
- Raspberry Popsicles
- Easy No Bake Key Lime Pie
- Dairy Free Strawberry Rhubarb Ice Cream
- Blueberry Cheesecake Bars
- Orange Creamsicle Popsicles
If you are a lover of peanut butter, chocolate and vegan popsicles, then I think you’ll be VERY happy with this recipe. These vegan fudge pops are heavenly, refreshing bites of peanutty goodness. They are easy enough to make and the perfect vegan summer treat to keep in the freezer for when that sweet craving hits. No need to turn on the oven for this treat. Reach into the freezer for one (or two) creamy chocolate popsicles, and then park your booty on the patio and enjoy that summer sun!
Peanut Butter Fudgesicles
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 can full fat coconut milk (400ML)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder/cacao powder
- 1/2 cup + 1-2 tbsp oat milk
Peanut Butter Cups (if making your own)
- 100 g dark chocolate
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- 2 tbsp coconut butter (or sub 1 tbsp coconut cream)
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla
Peanut Butter Cups
- If you are making your own peanut butter cups. Start by following these instructions. If you bought peanut butter cups from the store, you can skip this step. Note: I suggest buying 5-6 peanut butter cups for this recipe.
- Once the peanut butter cups have been made, combine the peanut butter, maple syrup, coconut milk and vanilla into a food processor and blend until smooth.
- In another bowl add the cocoa powder and oat milk together and whisk until you have a smooth and thick batter. Start with 1/2 cup of oat milk and then add 1-2 tbsp to get a smooth consistency.
- Add the peanut butter mixture to the chocolate mixture and whisk until smooth.
- Cut 5-6 peanut butter cups into pieces and then fold them into the fudgesicles batter. Divide the fudgesicles batter into 6-8 popsicle moulds. Freeze for at least 4 hours- best if frozen overnight.